CNV.com Message Forums Forum owned by CNV.com Inc.
Wholesale and Drop Ship Adult Toys at SextoyClub.com
Sex Toys Affiliate program at AdultShopping.com

Go Back   CNV.com Message Forums > Affiliates: AdultShopping.com > Affiliate's Sites Feedback

Old 11-20-2013, 10:37 PM

Question Feedback please?

Hello! I just got a new affiliate code so that I could make a bondage themed store. Here's the customizations I've done so far: http://www.sextoyfun.com/?a=moonlightkink

Any feedback is welcome, and I also had a question. I can't figure out why the navigation bar is so different from my other store http://moonlightseductiontoys.com/

I mean obviously it's a different color because I changed that but even before I changed the color, it doesn't have the shaded top and bottom edges, the font looks different, and it doesn't have the drop-down menus like my other store. Did I break it? I didn't do anything to it other than change the color that I know of.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-21-2013, 03:33 AM

My first suggestion with the Moonlight Kink site is to lighten up your background. There have been a number of studies about the use of light-on-dark text, with it showing that readability is reduced - as well as time on the page.

You may want to give this a read: http://ux.stackexchange.com/question...ite-background
Old 11-21-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMoonlight View Post
I can't figure out why the navigation bar is so different from my other store http://moonlightseductiontoys.com/

I mean obviously it's a different color because I changed that but even before I changed the color, it doesn't have the shaded top and bottom edges, the font looks different, and it doesn't have the drop-down menus like my other store. Did I break it? I didn't do anything to it other than change the color that I know of.

Thanks in advance!
It looks like you have THEMES on for one site and not for the other. They have different designs, so that would be why the top nav looks different.
Pop My Cherry Shop
Old 11-21-2013, 09:13 AM

PS: While I like the dark colors, I agree with Ruby about the dark back ground on the main page and left nav. I would change the main page to white as it goes better with the products, and change the left nav to a grey to go with the lightest color in your background. I also find the red doesn't go well with the black/grey background you have which looks very elegant. I would stick to grey/silver, black and white. You could maybe use red accents, like the price colors, but I wouldn't add much....
Pop My Cherry Shop
Old 11-21-2013, 02:52 PM

I made some changes, and I turned themes on, which made the nav bar have the top and bottom shadows like the other one, but it's still not giving me the drop down hover menus on it
Old 11-21-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMoonlight View Post
I made some changes, and I turned themes on, which made the nav bar have the top and bottom shadows like the other one, but it's still not giving me the drop down hover menus on it
It is because you have Bondage selected as the site type. I turned it off and now the menu is working. Just use regular site type, since you are customizing anyway, and add your own featured products. The default/regular site works best and can still be customized for a niche.

Really like the new look much, much better.

One more suggestion. In the sidebar, see the lightest grey color in the SEE ALL PRODUCTS top of bar? The shine color? I would change the bg color of your sidebar to match that, so it almost looks silver. Otherwise, looks great!

TY!
DD
Pop My Cherry Shop
Old 11-21-2013, 03:20 PM

Ahhh ok. Thanks so much for all your help, Domina, you rock!!! I'll work on setting up customizations to niche it up.