CNV.com Message Forums Forum owned by CNV.com Inc.
Wholesale and Drop Ship Adult Toys at SextoyClub.com
Sex Toys Affiliate program at AdultShopping.com

Go Back   CNV.com Message Forums > Affiliates: AdultShopping.com > Affiliate's Sites Feedback

Old 02-12-2014, 04:23 PM

Default Site has been running for a while and...

Hi Everyone!

First let me say, I love the system and everything works great and is easy to use.

I originally started my site well over a year ago. I haven't spent much time on it but had spent several hours on another blog type site(http://sextoyerotic.com) to drive traffic to my store site (http://jennietalkssex.com).

I realize you get what you put in, but I haven't seen much traffic converting from my blog to the store. I've recently taken up posting more on the blog site and looking at craigslist, ebay, anything to try and grab a piece of the traffic. I don't feel like spending a lot on ads just yet because I think that I can capture some natural search results just from posting. I haven't made any sales (boo) and am positive I will with just some proper guidance.

Can you please review and give me a push in the right direction.

Cheers! Kalani
Old 02-13-2014, 02:19 AM

Well, I've checked out your blog - very well laid out, by the way.

I flicked through about a dozen posts, and other than a single sidebar ad, I didn't see any links to your shop. I can see why users would have difficulty making the trip from your blog to your shop.

The very first thing I would suggest doing is putting in-text links from your blog posts to your shop. (Be that to the shop's home page, categories, or specific products - kind of how you have the EF link in http://jennietalkssex.com/for-women-...e-69-position/) Have at least one link in every blog post. You've got enough text there to make it not look ultra spammy.

The next thing I would suggest is 'pad out' posts like this one - http://jennietalkssex.com/american-w...alistic-dildo/ The text you have is quite short, so there's little additional value there for both the user and Google.

Lastly, I'd suggest you look into the process of backlinking as a whole. I've had a look at your site's backlink profile and there's some work to be done there.

Hope that helps.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:24 AM

Hello kalani,

I'm not sure how much traffic you are getting to your blog, but you could try reposting your posts (if they are original content) to other places, like Blogher-sex, EzineArticles, DivineCaroline, YourTango, etc... You can sign up for these sites for free and post content, then link back to your blog (for ezinearticles you are not allowed to link directly to a store or affiliate link). Use snippets when you can and then add READ MORE at the end of the article (good for Blogher & Yourtango), or post whole short articles and link back to your blog/store (divinecaroline), which ever they allow. This will help you get more backlinks and also increase qualified traffic.

Also your store link is not very prominent on your blog and doesn't have a call to action. If you can I'd make that link more bold or a different color so it stands out more. I would also put a small ad somewhere on your site if possible with a coupon code or something to entice your readers to your store. In the top nav would be best.

Ruby's idea for adding a store link on each post is a good one as well. You could add this at the end of the articles like a call to action: "Want to Spice up Your Love Life? Check out SexToyErotic.com for blah,blah,blah..."

Also, check out this new post on marketing ideas-
http://forums.sextoyclub.com/showthread.php?t=2074

Keep plugging away at it. Good luck!

Domina
Pop My Cherry Shop
Old 02-13-2014, 09:20 PM

Thank you so much for the pointers. I'm going to get busy making some updates to the site and add in more content. Basically tighten things up a bit more and definitely make the link to store more prominent. I've got a few banners on the side that will link out to the store as well but from what i'm hearing is that text links in posts may convert better within the post if people start trusting the unique information that I provide.

So much to learn and do =)

Thanks for the feedback..

Kalani
Old 02-15-2014, 03:14 PM

Default Google Adwords

Google Adwords is the king of getting traffic to your site and getting orders, but the horrible downside is the cost of using it. And with the low prices of products you have to sell a lot to pay for the Google advertising. Otherwise, you have to manually advertise everywhere or do parties.
Twitter: www.twitter.com/carmellesimone
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/carmellesimone
Instagram: www.instagram.com/carmellestreasures
Tumblr: www.carmellestreasures.tumblr.com
Old 10-17-2017, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmellestreasures View Post
Google Adwords is the king of getting traffic to your site and getting orders, but the horrible downside is the cost of using it. And with the low prices of products you have to sell a lot to pay for the Google advertising. Otherwise, you have to manually advertise everywhere or do parties.
How much do you spend on Google Adwords? I have tried Adwords with a small budget but results have not been up to expectations..
Old 10-22-2017, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgray View Post
How much do you spend on Google Adwords? I have tried Adwords with a small budget but results have not been up to expectations..
What is your website?

Don't expect to make a profit with google adwords.
You will make sales, but not a profit.
Its all about luck.
Most times you will lose money unless you get lucky and get a customer who places a large order, then you might make a profit.
Good Luck.