CNV.com Message Forums Forum owned by CNV.com Inc.
Wholesale and Drop Ship Adult Toys at SextoyClub.com
Sex Toys Affiliate program at AdultShopping.com

Go Back   CNV.com Message Forums > Affiliates: AdultShopping.com > Affiliate's Sites Feedback

Old 06-15-2013, 11:05 PM

Default Second time around.....same results

This is my second try at the affiliate program, but the results still remain the same (no sales at all). The only thing thats different is that I'm not spending money on traffic and advertising. I created my own wordpress websiteand made several posts on it, but to no avail. I recently created my own storefront, but it felt like it was a huge waste of time. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong the second time around.

sextite.com
shop.sextite.com
Old 06-16-2013, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianmma12 View Post
This is my second try at the affiliate program, but the results still remain the same (no sales at all). The only thing thats different is that I'm not spending money on traffic and advertising. I created my own wordpress websiteand made several posts on it, but to no avail. I recently created my own storefront, but it felt like it was a huge waste of time. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong the second time around.

sextite.com
shop.sextite.com
How long have you had the site up? The first post on the blog is from around 3 weeks ago - was it around the same time?

The very first thing I would do is go back to your blog posts. The three that do have text - I would add text links to specific products or categories into the blog posts themselves. You've got the beginnings of great content there, but there's little to no link between those words and your site.

The video post doesn't have any text at all - I'd add at least 200-300 words of text, and get links in those as well.

My personal method is to have at least 20-30 blog posts up and have it going around 6 weeks before I make a judgement call on the program/setup.

Last edited by RubyGoodnight; 06-16-2013 at 12:44 AM.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:37 AM

Yes, what Ruby says is very good advice. You should as least have 2-3 key word target links in your blog post going to specific toys and/ or categories.

Also, your blog and store look nothing alike, except for the logo and I find the black on your store hard to read. I would make your store look more like the blog, so it matches your brand.

Also, promote your blog posts on social networking like facebook, twitter, G+, article sites, etc... to drive more traffic to the blog >>> store.

Finally, be patient. Your blog and store a only very new. It takes months of doing this before you will see sales, which will start to come and you need to keep building on that once it starts.

But, I think you are on the right track, so don't give up. Rome wasn't built in one day, and it takes most businesses years to get established and start making good $$.

Hope that helps!
Domina
Pop My Cherry Shop
Old 06-17-2013, 06:39 AM

PS: And, if you are good at writing content, see if you can guest blog on other blogs and get a link back to your blog/store...

Also, you should be posting 1-3 times a week to get your blog popular.

Thanks!
D
Pop My Cherry Shop
Old 08-02-2013, 03:11 PM

You should research IM (Internet Marketing). This includes SEO techniques. It's generally not enough to just write unique content, and these affiliates sites have none. We all have the same content. Even though creating unique pages is step #1, you also have to write great content that is also SEO friendly. That includes proper use of header tags, using bold on keywords, proper keyword density, secondary keywords, proper use of title and meta description, etc.

Then you still need more than that. You need backlinks on high PR websites and you need to get involved in social media. It's a lot of work and may require some money if you cannot write your own content.

I just checked your blog. Mistake #1 is the main page title. "About Me - Welcome to Sextite". You need to change that to something more keyword friendly. For example, "Sextite: The Best Relationship Help & Bedroom Advice". That is just an example. Then on THAT page you need to those keywords in about 2% of the content. Write a 1,000 word article on how you are the best source for KEYWORD1 & KEYWORD 2. In your case seems to be relationship help and bedroom advice. Per 400 words You want the keyword about 2-4 times. Use the keyword in your H1 tag as well.

Then each blog post needs to be the same way. Here is the general rule:

Title: Descriptive title under 70 characters that has the keyword(s) once.
Meta Description: Description about your article that has the keywords maybe twice.
Page Header/H1: Same as the title or different... But include the same keywords.
Body: Include the keywords to about 2-3% density. This is about 2-4 times per 400 words.
Quantity: Content over 500 words is preferred. Google loves content so 1,000 words is great.

Last edited by IntenseVibes; 08-02-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:49 PM

IntenseVibes: Great ideas! Want to do a Hangout with Dave and I
Pop My Cherry Shop