CNV.com Message Forums Forum owned by CNV.com Inc.
Wholesale and Drop Ship Adult Toys at SextoyClub.com
Sex Toys Affiliate program at AdultShopping.com

Go Back   CNV.com Message Forums > Wholesale and Drop Ship: SexToyClub.com > Tools You Can Use

Old 09-26-2013, 07:41 AM

Wink STC & all things Shopify

Hi Everyone,

I am new to STC, eCommerce and have recently started a boutique using Shopify. While it doesnt seem like a popular choice for STC members i have decided to try it due to my lack of experience.

So here i thought i would start a thread for all things Shopify as well as to see who else is using the platform.

My Boutigue is at www.ladiesofchic.com and would love some feedback if you have any.

I look forward to meeting you all.

Best
AL
Old 10-01-2013, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Al View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am new to STC, eCommerce and have recently started a boutique using Shopify. While it doesnt seem like a popular choice for STC members i have decided to try it due to my lack of experience.

So here i thought i would start a thread for all things Shopify as well as to see who else is using the platform.

My Boutigue is at www.ladiesofchic.com and would love some feedback if you have any.

I look forward to meeting you all.

Best
AL
Welcome AL,

I suspect there are several reasons why people don't use shopify.

1. Until recently they didn't allow unlimited products for their lower priced levels.
2. It's very hard to get 17,000 + products added to their shopping cart database.
3. They don't have an easy method to update that many products stock status or to remove discontinued items every 15 minutes as this information changes.
4. Their systems can not integrate with STC Order API for sending the drop ship orders.
5. They charge more than the recommended turnkey systems available for SexToyClub.

Also the recommended turnkey hosting systems have worked with STC for many years and can deliver one on one support specific to STC that Shopify can not deliver.

Your site looks very nice, but has limited number of products. I'm assuming you did this because of a targeted niche / demographics of customers you're trying to attract.
CNV.com
Old 10-09-2013, 05:37 AM

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your reply and my apologises for making you repeat yourself in your post as i have spent sometime reviewing this forum and reading your posts/answers. Generally the staff at STC have been very helpful in assisting me to set up my new store.

Also thank for for your comment regarding my site and you are correct in that i am trying to target a niche with my e-store Ladies of Chic.
Best
AL

Tags
drop ship, new site, question, shopify, shopping carts