CNV.com Message Forums Forum owned by CNV.com Inc.
Wholesale and Drop Ship Adult Toys at SextoyClub.com
Sex Toys Affiliate program at AdultShopping.com

Go Back   CNV.com Message Forums > Wholesale and Drop Ship: SexToyClub.com > Tools You Can Use

Old 03-21-2014, 11:02 PM

Default OpenCart shipping module

Hi all,

I've created an OpenCart extension that allows you to give the customer choices of shipping based on items purchased. This data is retrieved directly from STC (via the STC API), and the returned shipping costs are based on the items and quantity of each item.

Once installed, the extension is part of the OpenCart system, so it seamlessly integrates with the check-out process.

It also allows you to set a drop-shipping fee to be added on top of all the displayed shipping options, so the customer doesn't actually see a separate drop-shipping fee.

If there is enough interest in this OpenCart extension, that I'll consider putting it up for sale at a reasonable price.

Please leave your expressions of interest in this thread (as long as it's not against any forum rules).

Thanks.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:20 PM

Do you still have this extension available or a place I can download it?
Old 07-07-2014, 05:36 PM

Yes, the addon is out of testing and is being used on a live site at the moment.

I'll PM you with more details.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SxcDev View Post
Hi all,

I've created an OpenCart extension that allows you to give the customer choices of shipping based on items purchased. This data is retrieved directly from STC (via the STC API), and the returned shipping costs are based on the items and quantity of each item.

Once installed, the extension is part of the OpenCart system, so it seamlessly integrates with the check-out process.

It also allows you to set a drop-shipping fee to be added on top of all the displayed shipping options, so the customer doesn't actually see a separate drop-shipping fee.

If there is enough interest in this OpenCart extension, that I'll consider putting it up for sale at a reasonable price.

Please leave your expressions of interest in this thread (as long as it's not against any forum rules).

Thanks.
Hello SxcDev,

Just received the following from one of my customers using STCtoOC:

Quote:
“STC2OC addon may not support all the shipping options, since I've had a customer complain to me about it. The ones I've been told it does not support are:
FedEx Ground
FedEx 2nd Day
FedEx International Economy

You should get in contact with the creator of that addon so that all the missing STC shipping options are added. “

-ScxDev
You are incorrect in your assessment!

If you setup Open Cart to use FedEx as a shipping carrier and the Vendor does not support FedEx, SexToyClub Order API will reject the order. STCtoOC accounts for these problems and will not send FedEX if the customer has selected for example the MC vendor. See the MC vendor information page:

https://secure2.sextoyclub.com/vendo...club&vendor=MC

As you can see from the above, FedEx is not an available option for this vendor. So you should really adjust your software to match available carriers for the vendor used and not allow your customers to setup a carrier that can not be used at all.

For everyone else: http://feeds.cnv.com/shipping/stock_check.php
The above will help you determine what carrier / method is available for a product model number i.e. the vendor used!
CNV.com

Last edited by CNVAdmin; 08-29-2014 at 08:25 AM. Reason: For others information
Old 08-29-2014, 10:39 AM
Administrator

Hello SxcDev,

I see the problem now. Apparently people using yours and my software is expecting to use FedEx when it's not available. Both of our software are getting their information from the STC Order API and the customer doesn't realize that some vendors do not use FedEx.
CNV.com
Old 08-29-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Hello SxcDev,

I see the problem now. Apparently people using yours and my software is expecting to use FedEx when it's not available. Both of our software are getting their information from the STC Order API and the customer doesn't realize that some vendors do not use FedEx.

Mike, I don't quite get what you mean.

The addon I created simply sends the order details (item code + quantity) and vendor to the STC API, and receives a list of options for shipping from the API. It then displays these for selection by the customer.

The owner of the OpenCart site doesn't 'configure' FedEx, nor does my addon have an internal hard-coded list of carriers based on each vendor. Any shipping option displayed to the customer is based on what is returned by the STC API for that specific order query, so if it's returning incorrect shipping options, then that really is out of my control.

If MC is the vendor, then the STC API shouldn't return the FedEx option as far as I'm aware, so I'm not sure why you assumed my addon would even display it as an option to the customer. I think there has been some miscommunication there by the user of your addon that quoted a portion of the message I sent him.

Again, my addon does not have *any* hard-coded lists of carriers, so it's all based on what is returned by the STC API.

I hope that helps.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SxcDev View Post
Mike, I don't quite get what you mean.

The addon I created simply sends the order details (item code + quantity) and vendor to the STC API, and receives a list of options for shipping from the API. It then displays these for selection by the customer.

The owner of the OpenCart site doesn't 'configure' FedEx, nor does my addon have an internal hard-coded list of carriers based on each vendor. Any shipping option displayed to the customer is based on what is returned by the STC API for that specific order query, so if it's returning incorrect shipping options, then that really is out of my control.

If MC is the vendor, then the STC API shouldn't return the FedEx option as far as I'm aware, so I'm not sure why you assumed my addon would even display it as an option to the customer. I think there has been some miscommunication there by the user of your addon that quoted a portion of the message I sent him.

Again, my addon does not have *any* hard-coded lists of carriers, so it's all based on what is returned by the STC API.

I hope that helps.
Yes I understand that now, after taking a closer look at your plugin installed on a customers site. That is what I was trying to say. The customer thought they could have FedEx when it's not available for the vendor they are using.

What threw me was this quote from you:

Quote:
“STC2OC addon may not support all the shipping options, since I've had a customer complain to me about it. The ones I've been told it does not support are:
FedEx Ground
FedEx 2nd Day
FedEx International Economy

You should get in contact with the creator of that addon so that all the missing STC shipping options are added. “
When my software also ensures only the available shipping carriers can be used for sending to the Order API.
CNV.com
Old 08-30-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Yes I understand that now, after taking a closer look at your plugin installed on a customers site. That is what I was trying to say. The customer thought they could have FedEx when it's not available for the vendor they are using.

What threw me was this quote from you:
I see now that what I wrote to the user of my addon may be easily misinterpreted, and for that I apologize. I could get in contact with him to clarify what I meant if that would help in any way.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:50 PM
Administrator

No need, I explained it to him.
CNV.com
Old 04-17-2015, 09:45 AM

Does this work with WooCommerce?