CNV.com Message Forums Forum owned by CNV.com Inc.
Wholesale and Drop Ship Adult Toys at SextoyClub.com
Sex Toys Affiliate program at AdultShopping.com

Go Back   CNV.com Message Forums > Affiliates: AdultShopping.com > Affiliate's Sites Feedback

Old 06-27-2014, 03:26 PM

Default Bing Search Results

Hello Domina and Dave,

Can you please give me/us an update on recent bing/yahoo traffic? It has been by far my dominant traffic source since Google Penguin (04/2012) and over the last week or so has been decimated.

Have there been any changes to coding or robots.txt that could adversely affect the affiliate sites?

Bing has been in the news lately regarding an algo update similar to Google's Caffeine udpate from years ago, but that is mainly to speed up the results, not change them. The other news has been about how Bing has their own methodology for Title tags, meta's, etc. Here's a recent article:
http://www.seroundtable.com/bing-title-tags-18762.html

Any input you can give would be greatly appreciated in this thread or via PM if need be.

Regards,

James
Old 06-30-2014, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnholt3 View Post
Hello Domina and Dave,

Can you please give me/us an update on recent bing/yahoo traffic? It has been by far my dominant traffic source since Google Penguin (04/2012) and over the last week or so has been decimated.

Have there been any changes to coding or robots.txt that could adversely affect the affiliate sites?

Bing has been in the news lately regarding an algo update similar to Google's Caffeine udpate from years ago, but that is mainly to speed up the results, not change them. The other news has been about how Bing has their own methodology for Title tags, meta's, etc. Here's a recent article:
http://www.seroundtable.com/bing-title-tags-18762.html

Any input you can give would be greatly appreciated in this thread or via PM if need be.

Regards,

James
I have this message in my Bing WMT account for my site. Maybe its related? Did we block access to Bing Bot?

Quote:
We encountered a large number of requests that returned the following status: 403 (Forbidden) .

We saw 1309 errors of this type, which accounts for 98 percent of all requests we made during the last 24 hours.

Explanation/Recommended Action:
Your server is denying access to your pages to Bingbot.
Check if you are unintentionally blocking some or all Bingbot requests on your server.
To see which pages were affected check Crawl Information. Note that we were able to send this message before uploading the full crawl data to your Webmaster Account so there may be a delay. Learn more.

Thanks,
The Bing Webmaster Team
Old 06-30-2014, 07:41 AM

We are currently looking into this issue.
Pop My Cherry Shop
Old 06-30-2014, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominaDoll View Post
We are currently looking into this issue.
Just to clarify the message was in Bing WMT on the 8th of the month, so I am not sure if it is still an issue, just remember BING crawls slower than Google so even if it was fixed recently your results may not recover overnight.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:04 AM

To figure out what is happening the tech team needs this information:

provide the domain name that bing is pointed at (sextoyfun.com or whatever) as well as the information they provide to bing and the error messages that bing is showing. With these three things, we should be able to figure it out.

You don't need to post this here. You can PM me, or contact me directly via email.

Thank you,
Domina
Pop My Cherry Shop