CNV.com Message Forums Forum owned by CNV.com Inc.
Wholesale and Drop Ship Adult Toys at SextoyClub.com
Sex Toys Affiliate program at AdultShopping.com

Go Back   CNV.com Message Forums > Wholesale and Drop Ship: SexToyClub.com > STC General Discussion

Old 01-23-2016, 01:39 PM

Default Need advice for shipping cost estimates for drop shipping.

Hello all! i am new to this forum, and also new to dropshipping in general.

I watched this awesome video about how STC handles shipping charges (http://forums.sextoyclub.com/showthread.php?t=1578) and learned a lot. Thank you to who ever made that! However, what I would love some advice on is how to I estimate shipping charges on my web site? So for example when a customer orders a product, how do I know how much to charge them for shipping??? Do I just do a flat fee that should cover most shipping cost? And then also, how do I know which shipping method STC will use??
Old 01-23-2016, 08:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joetoys View Post
Hello all! i am new to this forum, and also new to dropshipping in general.

I watched this awesome video about how STC handles shipping charges (http://forums.sextoyclub.com/showthread.php?t=1578) and learned a lot. Thank you to who ever made that! However, what I would love some advice on is how to I estimate shipping charges on my web site? So for example when a customer orders a product, how do I know how much to charge them for shipping??? Do I just do a flat fee that should cover most shipping cost? And then also, how do I know which shipping method STC will use??
Welcome JoeToys,

STC will use the shipping method you tell them to use, as long as the vendor supports that method. In other words you can not select FedEx Ground if the vendor does not support that shipping carrier. On the other hand, if the vendor supports a shipping method you can tell STC to use that method. For example, your customer selects UPS 2nd day air you can tell STC to send using that method.

Vendor shipping methods supported can be found on the vendor information pages by clicking the vendor code in the first column of this web page:

https://secure2.sextoyclub.com/stc_v...s.php?a=stclub

The best way to estimate charges on your website is to use a live connection between your shopping cart and the shipping carrier. Most shopping carts have this built in or have a plugin that allows this to be done. The way it works is your customer adds products into your shopping cart and their address information and the plugin contacts the shipping carrier to get a live estimate based on weight and destination.
CNV.com
Old 04-20-2016, 02:52 PM

Thumbs down estimated shipping at checkout

Its strange.... hardly ever is the shipping less than the estimated at checkout...

My last order shipping was estimated at 9.99 at checkout... but the actual shipping was 27.00... how is that estimated?

Seems a bit high... anyway... there is no way to actually estimate shipping costs because there are too many different places that it gets shipped from.

I would really like to offer international shipping...but with my experience with domestic shipping I think international would be a nightmare horror story.
Old 04-20-2016, 04:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxpat View Post
Its strange.... hardly ever is the shipping less than the estimated at checkout...

My last order shipping was estimated at 9.99 at checkout... but the actual shipping was 27.00... how is that estimated?

Seems a bit high... anyway... there is no way to actually estimate shipping costs because there are too many different places that it gets shipped from.

I would really like to offer international shipping...but with my experience with domestic shipping I think international would be a nightmare horror story.
Hello Jaxpat,

If you used a shipping carrier live connection for your shopping cart you would have charged your customer very near that $27.00. So it doesn't make a difference if STC initially estimates $10.00 at checkout you would have already covered the cost of the actual shipping.

Of course even a live estimate from the carrier can be off due to the size of the packaging. Because all carriers also use a dimensional formula for calculating the actual shipping cost.

In short using a live carrier connection will get you live estimates that are very close to the actual shipping cost. Also picking the vendor closest to you allows you to advertise locally and save on shipping with that vendor.
CNV.com
Old 04-20-2016, 07:38 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Hello Jaxpat,

If you used a shipping carrier live connection for your shopping cart you would have charged your customer very near that $27.00. So it doesn't make a difference if STC initially estimates $10.00 at checkout you would have already covered the cost of the actual shipping.

Of course even a live estimate from the carrier can be off due to the size of the packaging. Because all carriers also use a dimensional formula for calculating the actual shipping cost.

In short using a live carrier connection will get you live estimates that are very close to the actual shipping cost. Also picking the vendor closest to you allows you to advertise locally and save on shipping with that vendor.
I have started using the actual shipping service websites for shipping quotes. I dont even factor in the estimated shipping costs at checkout because they are wrong, no matter which warehouse you choose. I have actually had products ship priority even though I selected a different method as well...and was charged accordingly...other than the shipping you guys are GREAT!! I have sold some stuff and made a bit of money...lost on a few things due to shipping of course...but the bottom line is still in the black...