CNV.com Message Forums Forum owned by CNV.com Inc.
Wholesale and Drop Ship Adult Toys at SextoyClub.com
Sex Toys Affiliate program at AdultShopping.com

Go Back   CNV.com Message Forums > Wholesale and Drop Ship: SexToyClub.com > Tools You Can Use

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 09:14 AM

I bought this program and it looks great and works good. I am having issues with getting the images to come up through the catagory section. If an item is searched with the pages search engine or through the tags the images come up. Please help! If you can not help is there a customer service number to contact for this program?
Thank you
Marcy
Old 02-23-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcysplayground.com View Post
I bought this program and it looks great and works good. I am having issues with getting the images to come up through the catagory section. If an item is searched with the pages search engine or through the tags the images come up. Please help! If you can not help is there a customer service number to contact for this program?
Thank you
Marcy
Hello Marcy,

You're looking in the wrong place for answers. STCtoPresta does not have any control over the images and how they are displayed. This is all done through PrestaShop. You should bring this question to:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/

Rocky at their forum is very knowledgeable of PrestaShop and would be the best person to ask.

Looking at your web site and seeing the problem. I have a couple of suggestions.

1. Try using a different template?

2. Try using PrestaShop's regenerate thumb nails.

If the 2 above don't help, ask for help on their forum. You may have to do a complete reinstall of PrestaShop, but I would wait until the last moment to avoid uploading all the images again.
Software: STCtoAZ, STCtoCart, STCtoPresta, STCtoOC, WCtoSTC
View testimonials:
http://sextoysites.net/reviews.php
Old 02-25-2011, 05:58 PM

For everyone's Info:

After getting access to this customers web site, it was determined that all the images where not being uploaded. PrestaShop's import engine was being timed out by the hosting server. Many large hosting companies won't allow PHP scripts to continue to run or slow down the server, affecting their other customers.

PrestaShop by design wants 6 for now and soon 8 with V1.4, images per product. So if that product has one image that's at least 6 different sizes, if the product has more then one image then each of them must be resized 6 times. This naturally takes a very long time to accomplish, to give you a better example. With a fresh install of PrestaShop using stc-02.csv feed and approximately 15,500 products. PrestaShop will create a total of 124,969 images for those products. This fresh install takes PrestaShop approximately 4 hours to resize that many images.

Because PrestaShop is such a resource hog, the best advice is to get a host that specializes in PrestaShop or have your own VPS / Dedicated server where you can control the timeout sessions for PHP.
Software: STCtoAZ, STCtoCart, STCtoPresta, STCtoOC, WCtoSTC
View testimonials:
http://sextoysites.net/reviews.php
Closed Thread