CNV.com Message Forums Forum owned by CNV.com Inc.
Wholesale and Drop Ship Adult Toys at SextoyClub.com
Sex Toys Affiliate program at AdultShopping.com

Go Back   CNV.com Message Forums > Affiliates: AdultShopping.com > Site Improvements & Suggestions

Old 01-08-2016, 08:08 AM

This may seem like a silly thing ... But ... I would like the sorting order of items in the store to be the way they became available NOT the date they were loaded into the database.

What do I mean? What am I asking for?

When you are in the store, on any category page one of the sorting options is "New Arrivals". It sounds simple enough, but in fact it is not because it is using the date the item was placed in the database NOT the date it actually became available.

Why would I care?

Because I have certain categories I go through and manually that I then use the New Arrival sort to post / blog / whatever about the new items in that category.

I assume that this same issue flows through to the Feeds, and for us that use the feeds to post from, items are getting missed

Discrete-Sensations.com
Old 01-08-2016, 10:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan O View Post
This may seem like a silly thing ... But ... I would like the sorting order of items in the store to be the way they became available NOT the date they were loaded into the database.

What do I mean? What am I asking for?

When you are in the store, on any category page one of the sorting options is "New Arrivals". It sounds simple enough, but in fact it is not because it is using the date the item was placed in the database NOT the date it actually became available.

Why would I care?

Because I have certain categories I go through and manually that I then use the New Arrival sort to post / blog / whatever about the new items in that category.

I assume that this same issue flows through to the Feeds, and for us that use the feeds to post from, items are getting missed
Hello Dan,

Sorry, the only reference available is the database date of data entry.

A vendor adds a new product and it is entered into our database, our product people must go over that product information, correctly categorize and decide based on the product where it can be sold e.g. Retail, Wholesale, and or Drop Ship. Also, it depends on the vendor authorization to sell in a particular area. (Retail or WS / DS)

So with all of these other factors, the only real basis to mark new arrivals is by the database date of entry.
CNV.com
Old 01-09-2016, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Hello Dan,

Sorry, the only reference available is the database date of data entry.

A vendor adds a new product and it is entered into our database, our product people must go over that product information, correctly categorize and decide based on the product where it can be sold e.g. Retail, Wholesale, and or Drop Ship. Also, it depends on the vendor authorization to sell in a particular area. (Retail or WS / DS)

So with all of these other factors, the only real basis to mark new arrivals is by the database date of entry.
Bummer, I was hoping you would say that the database had an entry for "active" and that the "New Arrivals" could be set be that parameter.

So I guess I would add that to something that would be nice to have / see in the new version of the store, To track the active date of a product in the database and use that as the "new Arrival" sort , because no matter when they are loaded in the database until they are set active they are really not there. The only flaw I see in this is if it is a policy to set items inactive (for some reason) and then reactivate them, which I do not remember being something STW has ever done.

Discrete-Sensations.com
Old 01-09-2016, 11:01 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan O View Post
Bummer, I was hoping you would say that the database had an entry for "active" and that the "New Arrivals" could be set be that parameter.

So I guess I would add that to something that would be nice to have / see in the new version of the store, To track the active date of a product in the database and use that as the "new Arrival" sort , because no matter when they are loaded in the database until they are set active they are really not there. The only flaw I see in this is if it is a policy to set items inactive (for some reason) and then reactivate them, which I do not remember being something STW has ever done.
Hello Dan,

You would need several Active columns for different selling formats. Take for example NAL vendor which was active in retail for over a month before it was allowed to sell at STC. So you would need a separate active for Retail, Wholesale and Drop Ship. A change in status for any of those selling formats would cause a different active date.

Also products do become inactive or active based on the selling format. For years we sold Fleshlight products on STC, now the company only allows us to sell them on Retail. A recent snafu with MC caused those products to be active in STC for a short time, when it wasn't authorized. See post:
http://forums.sextoyclub.com/showthread.php?p=11614

The products in the data feeds must meet several criteria to get listed. Some products may have a legal issue with another manufacturer, those products become a problem and are marked inactive. Do they get a new arrival date when the problem goes away and we reactivate them.

In short, and because I'm an advocate of KIS (Keep it simple), really the best solution is to just use the current date of database entry because that never changes, also in most cases it is only a few day's of getting into the database that a product information is authorized by our Product People. They really work hard to keep up with new products.
CNV.com
Old 01-20-2016, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominaDoll View Post
Hey Peeps!

We are getting ready for goal setting for 2016, and I want to know what everyone wants from the Adultshopping program for next year.

What new projects should we start?

What upgrades should we make to existing tools?

What new tools should we implement?

I know a lot of you are still wishing for the Wishlist Program, so that is already on my list.

So add your TOP 5-10 suggestions below, and if you could # them for most important that would be cool too. Project that get the most "wants" will go higher up on our list of possible to dos.

Any ideas are good ideas so don't be shy or think your idea is dumb!

We want to make AdultShopping the best program going and keep it that way, and that starts with your feedback and ideas.

Thanks!
Domina
I would like more flexibility with coupons:
  • Just like choosing a product for the coupon (where they need to add X product to the cart to activate coupon), but being able to add more products to satisfy the coupon. This way to create a "kit" for only a combination of products (buy X + Y + Z and get XX% off
  • One time use coupons: If i want to offer one customer an awesome coupon but I dont want this customer or others abusing it. So it expiring after being used.

Widget that can list all products of a manufacturer(s) and the category of those items. Similar to the Best Selling widget that now includes Manufacturers field, but with more flexibility, without the quantity limit.

Plus what others mentioned about
  • Access to store's mailing list to override the default newsletters or create our own. I like that CNV sends newsletters but I wanted to send my own then that will be two subscriptions h customer will be signed up for, and if they opt out of CNV's I wouldnt know then my newsletters would become spammy.
  • Newsletter subscription widget to use on blog (or those the coping the html and pasting it on myblog works?)
  • Gift certificates
  • Wishlist
  • Better menu configuration
Old 01-20-2016, 08:18 AM

We can start a new list going froward from your post about for later in 2016. We usually do goal setting every 4 months, so the next one will be the spring around April...

Some of your suggestions are being done this round:

-Ability to turn get your email list (monthly) and stop our newsletter from going to your customers.
-new Menu, add/remove links, rearrange...

Newsletter sign up widget: You can create your own using MailChimp or another email program (Aweber), assuming you are going to start your own list anyway?
Pop My Cherry Shop
Old 01-20-2016, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominaDoll View Post
We can start a new list going froward from your post about for later in 2016. We usually do goal setting every 4 months, so the next one will be the spring around April...

Some of your suggestions are being done this round:

-Ability to turn get your email list (monthly) and stop our newsletter from going to your customers.
-new Menu, add/remove links, rearrange...

Newsletter sign up widget: You can create your own using MailChimp or another email program (Aweber), assuming you are going to start your own list anyway?
Actually, I wouldn't want to stop your email newsletters - just have the ability to send additional ones or other announcements occasionally. So I would still like a newsletter sign up widget for the program you are using so everyone is added to one master list regardless of where they sign up (like from social media or my blog).