CNV.com Message Forums Forum owned by CNV.com Inc.
Wholesale and Drop Ship Adult Toys at SextoyClub.com
Sex Toys Affiliate program at AdultShopping.com

Go Back   CNV.com Message Forums > Wholesale and Drop Ship: SexToyClub.com > Datafeeds

Old 07-12-2012, 01:23 AM

Default quick question

Hey just a quick question to make sure I have it right.

Before there was the stc.02 datafeed with all the vendors right?

Now with the silver datafeed theres three different feeds I need to use to upload right?

the eld.s01 mc.s01 and the ef.so1 right?

Then theres the instock datadfeed to keep it up to date for in stock items.

Lets start with that please.

Thanks,
Ken
Old 07-12-2012, 08:07 AM
Administrator

Hello Ken,

All the products from the stc-02.csv feed came from MC.

It would not be a very good idea to use multiple feeds or vendors at any level Bronze, Silver or Gold. Due to multiple shipping costs per products and multiple drop ship fees. I advise just picking one vendor and only use that one, if you must have multiple feeds it is best to have multiple web sites dedicated to each vendor to avoid the multiple shipping costs and multiple drop ship fees that can come from a single order.

Yes you can use the InStock, OutOfStock and discontinued feeds for keeping your web site up to date. These feeds are created fresh every 15 minutes.
CNV.com
Old 07-12-2012, 02:11 PM

I see so I can just use the mc datafeed and that will be like the old stc.02 feed.

I know the eld and the mc vendors are the same but isn't the ef vendor more for dvds?

does one vendor have more then the other eld or mc?

Thanks for your help Mike your always on top of it.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataken View Post
I see so I can just use the mc data feed and that will be like the old stc.02 feed.

I know the eld and the mc vendors are the same but isn't the ef vendor more for DVDs?

does one vendor have more then the other eld or mc?

Thanks for your help Mike your always on top of it.
Hello Ken,

ELD and MC do carry some of the same products, but are not exactly the same. There is roughly 2000 more products with MC vendor over ELD. Out of that 2000, roughly 4 to 5 hundred come from a better selection of DVDs that are carried by MC. ELD carries very few DVDs.

EF is mainly a DVD vendor, they do carry some other products, but no where near as much as ELD or MC. For best selection of various products you can not beat ELD or MC vendors.

In my opinion ELD and MC are basically the same and the best one for yours or anyones selection can be based on a few simple differences and what is important to your business goals.

1. MC carries more DVD then ELD.
2. ELD also uses FedEx for shipping MC does not.
3. ELD ships from Colorado.
4. MC ships from New Jersey.

For anyone just starting out I would also recommend opening both data feeds for ELD and MC, then comparing products. One vendor may sell more products of a type that your business is trying to become a niche in. This would be the major reason to pick one over the other.
CNV.com
Old 07-12-2012, 06:08 PM

Thanks Mike
Old 09-29-2012, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Hello Ken,

ELD and MC do carry some of the same products, but are not exactly the same. There is roughly 2000 more products with MC vendor over ELD. Out of that 2000, roughly 4 to 5 hundred come from a better selection of DVDs that are carried by MC. ELD carries very few DVDs.

EF is mainly a DVD vendor, they do carry some other products, but no where near as much as ELD or MC. For best selection of various products you can not beat ELD or MC vendors.

In my opinion ELD and MC are basically the same and the best one for yours or anyones selection can be based on a few simple differences and what is important to your business goals.

1. MC carries more DVD then ELD.
2. ELD also uses FedEx for shipping MC does not.
3. ELD ships from Colorado.
4. MC ships from New Jersey.

For anyone just starting out I would also recommend opening both data feeds for ELD and MC, then comparing products. One vendor may sell more products of a type that your business is trying to become a niche in. This would be the major reason to pick one over the other.
Mike,

Since I wll not be using data feeds and will handpick my products, do I need to choosea vendor or may I simply randomly select products to put on my website?
Old 09-29-2012, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligiousFreak View Post
Mike,

Since I wll not be using data feeds and will handpick my products, do I need to choosea vendor or may I simply randomly select products to put on my website?
Short answer yes, only one vendor.

Many shopping carts do not have the capability to handle multiple shipping from different vendors. If the shopping cart only collects from one origin to destination, then any other shipment comes out of your own pocket. Effectively negating any profit you would get.
CNV.com