CNV.com Message Forums Forum owned by CNV.com Inc.
Wholesale and Drop Ship Adult Toys at SextoyClub.com
Sex Toys Affiliate program at AdultShopping.com

Go Back   CNV.com Message Forums > Wholesale and Drop Ship: SexToyClub.com > Datafeeds

Old 05-07-2012, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
"Nylon,Plastic,Realistic UR3,PVC" is not 4 separate attributes, it is the 4 materials used to create the product. They are all Materials, so they would all be listed under that heading. I don't understand why would you want to separate them in the first place?
1st and for most ... if you are using any of these attribute to create a feed (like to Google Merchant) and they do not match up correctly then you might as well throw them away ... as I have had to do ... this is specifically seen when listing clothing / lingerie on certain sites and it requires 'gender' ... so the reality is yes they go into the cart fine ... but then they are useless to further promote your site.

2nd... there are times they are wrong
3rd ... I manually add things to my store that are not in feeds and it is much easier to add each variant as needed then search to find it or just create another one

Dan

Discrete-Sensations.com
Old 05-07-2012, 08:03 AM

Another thing that the Gold feed could use is MAP pricing if one exists

For items like the Vanity line / Lelo / etc ...

Or better yet a Feed that is ONLY items that have MAP pricing associated with them ...

I know that MAP pricing has caused issues in the past (we-vibe) for distributors and retailers ...

Discrete-Sensations.com
Old 05-07-2012, 06:19 PM

This is just my 2c no harm or offense is intended...

To be quite honest I understand it costs STC money to maintain data. What I think was somewhat overlooked is that data IS in fact bringing you money.

You receive $2.75 for every order flat and whatever percentage of a markup you make on every item. By providing us feeds you are driving your core business sales.

In addition, I feel the costs for the data feeds is excessively high for someone starting out. OK not a big deal for the big guys but guess what? They get it for free because they make enough sales to afford it anyway.

The only guys you are hurting are the little guys. But I'm just starting out. I'm already spending money on hosting, development, hours of work on my end, etc. It's just one more (very high) cost that I can't afford to front right now.

How do you really think it's fair to charge someone a grand who doesn't make any money and give it away for free to someone well off?
Old 05-08-2012, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntenseVibes View Post
You receive $2.75 for every order flat
Not to defend STC in their choice of Feed Price, but the Flat Order fee is standard with all Wholesalers offering Drop Shipping ... it's considered the expense of picking / boxing / labeling / printing ... I've seen it as low as $1.50 and as high as $3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntenseVibes View Post
and whatever percentage of a markup you make on every item. By providing us feeds you are driving your core business sales.

In addition, I feel the costs for the data feeds is excessively high for someone starting out. OK not a big deal for the big guys but guess what? They get it for free because they make enough sales to afford it anyway.

The only guys you are hurting are the little guys. But I'm just starting out. I'm already spending money on hosting, development, hours of work on my end, etc. It's just one more (very high) cost that I can't afford to front right now.

How do you really think it's fair to charge someone a grand who doesn't make any money and give it away for free to someone well off?
May be STC should raise their price across the board on all items 1% - 3% and offer a discount to drop shippers that meet volume in sales ... this would still allow the little guy in as he always has been, and prevent the guy that grows from leaving

Discrete-Sensations.com
Old 05-08-2012, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan O View Post
Maybe STC should raise their price across the board on all items 1% - 3% and offer a discount to drop shippers that meet volume in sales ... this would still allow the little guy in as he always has been, and prevent the guy that grows from leaving
A very small increase would be fine and honestly that makes more sense.. It's just that I have to pay STC $1000 just to have the privilege to sell all THEIR products. I still have to go through all of these and re-write the product descriptions for SEO purposes... I understand the value of hard work maintaining data but this is just a step in the wrong direction.

Last edited by IntenseVibes; 05-08-2012 at 06:30 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:19 PM

Itís a tuff call across the board for everyone. I see why STC needs to do something to protect their data.

People can use their data feeds and buy from them or one of the other drop shipping companyís out there. This way you get to use their feeds for free if you buy enough from them directly. If not you pay for it.

If your just starting out the cost could be an issue but letís face it you donít find many businesses that you can start for free or little cost.

You can start out with the bronze or for $500 bucks use the silver. If your just starting out then itís not a good idea to start with the big boy $1000 gold data feed. Way too many items and you need a cart that can handle shipping from different warehouses.

It would be nice if they had a starter package that was more affordable for people just starting out.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataken View Post
If your just starting out then itís not a good idea to start with the big boy $1000 gold data feed. Way too many items and you need a cart that can handle shipping from different warehouses.

It would be nice if they had a starter package that was more affordable for people just starting out.

I run Magento on a a VPS. I do all the technical back end work. I'm already putting hours of work in the technical aspect, hosting... and money in SEO/Content...

I'm not doing this for free as it is, I can't afford to put in an extra $500-$1000+!!! That money would be well spent on marketing/advertising/content writers to start pushing the items themselves.

I may honestly have to find a different wholesaler... Whether I'm successful or not in finding one who knows but I can't front that kind of money on just data that still needs to be cleaned up.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:58 PM

Default You have to pay your dues...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan O View Post
Not to defend STC in their choice of Feed Price, but the Flat Order fee is standard with all Wholesalers offering Drop Shipping ... it's considered the expense of picking / boxing / labeling / printing ... I've seen it as low as $1.50 and as high as $3

May be STC should raise their price across the board on all items 1% - 3% and offer a discount to drop shippers that meet volume in sales ... this would still allow the little guy in as he always has been, and prevent the guy that grows from leaving
I have gold and it was free for me but i sell a lot but when i started out it was tuff why should i go through all that just so you guys can come along and get the gold feed absalutley not so stop moaning and get some sales done so you to can get gold! WWW.SexToy3.com
Old 05-15-2012, 02:03 PM
Turnkey eCommerce Solutions

You didn't have to pay for feeds when you started out...
Old 05-15-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie123 View Post
I have gold and it was free for me but i sell a lot but when i started out it was tuff why should i go through all that just so you guys can come along and get the gold feed absalutley not so stop moaning and get some sales done so you to can get gold! WWW.SexToy3.com
I have to agree with SexToyWebsites (Denis) ... I've been doing this since 2008 and I sell enough to qualify 5 people for the Gold feed in a bad month, much less what the busy season will do ... but I owe some of my success to having a Quality feed to work with ... and if I had to front the money back in 2008 I can tell you I would have gone to another company for the feed (there are many out there, and many have really stepped up their game in the last 12 months) ...

So I say to you minnie123, would you feel the same way if you could be paying 3% - 10% less for every single item you sell all year long ... I think STC needs to focus on a policy that maintains or even gains clients ... I only see charging for a feed as a way push clients away ...

As a side note, no other company I've talked to about their feed charges for it, and they reward you for doing volume by giving you across the board discount on all purchases.

Discrete-Sensations.com