CNV.com Message Forums Forum owned by CNV.com Inc.
Wholesale and Drop Ship Adult Toys at SextoyClub.com
Sex Toys Affiliate program at AdultShopping.com

Go Back   CNV.com Message Forums > Wholesale and Drop Ship: SexToyClub.com > Datafeeds

Old 10-22-2013, 01:26 PM

Default Stock Information Feeds

Ok so I got the mc feed up on my site, and want to manage stock now, whats the right way to upload the Stock Information Feeds and not mess up the site...may sound stupid, but I was having issues with updating products before. It would create new product without a sku. thanks
Old 10-23-2013, 11:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cansam View Post
Ok so I got the mc feed up on my site, and want to manage stock now, whats the right way to upload the Stock Information Feeds and not mess up the site...may sound stupid, but I was having issues with updating products before. It would create new product without a sku. thanks
Hello JD,

Hire a PHP Programmer One with knowledge of your shopping cart plugin for WP would be the best pick!

What you need is a script that modifies the data base. It would be fairly simple and go something like this:
  1. Download the OutofStock.csv data feed.
  2. Update all QTY to In Stock with whatever i.e., 50, 100, 150 etc...
  3. Use the OutofStock data feed to mark every SKU / Product that is listed in your data base to a QTY of 0.
  4. Ability to call this script using a cronjob so it can run at a set interval.

The Stock Information feeds are updated at SexToyClub every 15 minutes, if your site is very busy or actively advertising through PPC. Then you should run a script like this every 20 minutes. A site with less traffic can extend that time to 45 minutes.

If would be about the same for the discontinued products:
  1. Download the discontinued.csv data feed.
  2. Mark inactive or delete any SKU / Products that are in the discontinued.csv data feed.
  3. Also run with cronjob at same interval you run the above script.

The programmer can do all of this just using the data feeds and reading the information located in it. However reading a file is inherently slower than using a data base table so I would recommend putting those data feeds into a data base table for your shopping cart. Then using the table to make changes as needed. Doing it this way you reduce the load / time to complete from a flat file time of 30 to 45 seconds to just over 5 to 8 seconds using MySQL.
CNV.com
Old 10-23-2013, 08:02 PM

thanks mike!
I didnt even this I would see any traffic for a month or 2, and didnt even take it out of sandbox mode for payment...then I got a email from the site with someone asking how they pay.
What do you think it would cost to have someone wright a script like that? And I dont know anyone so I will have to hunt someone up. referrals anyone?
Old 10-24-2013, 08:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cansam View Post
thanks mike!
I didnt even this I would see any traffic for a month or 2, and didnt even take it out of sandbox mode for payment...then I got a email from the site with someone asking how they pay.
What do you think it would cost to have someone wright a script like that? And I dont know anyone so I will have to hunt someone up. referrals anyone?
Hello JD,

Since it's a small script that could be written in 3 to 4 hours, I would expect the cost be between $50 - $100. Sorry I don't know anyone familiar with the plugin you're using.
CNV.com
Old 10-24-2013, 02:08 PM

thanks anyhow. I will start the hunt
Old 10-24-2013, 02:31 PM

I thing I am going to build a few sites that hit more denied groups and SEO like a motherless goat to hit the target, it would be nice to get this down and I can use it for other sites too.

Add on craigslist....Ill keep you guys posted

Tags
stock information feeds