CNV.com Message Forums Forum owned by CNV.com Inc.
Wholesale and Drop Ship Adult Toys at SextoyClub.com
Sex Toys Affiliate program at AdultShopping.com

Go Back   CNV.com Message Forums > Affiliates: AdultShopping.com > Site Improvements & Suggestions

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 05:44 PM

Default New platform not working

The new Platform is not working in MFW. The New Platform for Adult shopping does not work. You put in your Email and new password hit create and it does nothing.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:25 PM

hi-ive got a few issues and questions.

if i want to go live with the new platform-using new ip number-must i remove the current domain name from the mfw control panel and then add it in the new adult shopping control panel-store settings-your custom domain name?

i have done that-and it removes the stock banner that was there before. what appears now is my 'store name' (not domain name) which is displayed site wide on the top left of the page all in lower case.

will there eventually be a simple banner upload button that is like the current one in the mfw control panel?

thanks

Last edited by freespeech; 01-13-2015 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:19 AM

Default I am having second thoughts

The new website still gives a "beta" feeling. I feel I made a mistake switching over so soon. I might be missing something, but I do not see a Lock Domain Name to Affiliate Code option, a Warning Page, Coupons, Wishlists (you stated this will not be implemented as of yet so that’s understandable), no ability to add external links (blog), and overall options are lacking. Don’t get me wrong, I like the look of the new site, but there seems to be a lot of work still needed.

Of the four widgets we can add/delete from pages, only the HTML has the ability of any customization. All other widgets are managed via adultshopping. So once a page is made, there is no ability to link that page to anything... there is not a top menu bar (I had to make one via a html widget which proved to render like it shouldn’t, it was weird and I had to delete it). I am guessing the research into best practices come back with large category image menus being more effective than a normal menu. There needs to be an option for a normal top menu. I understand you can delete the category menu, but there is not replacement.

Also, the Colors & CSS option should be titled CSS, as you can only modify anything via CSS. There is not option for colors. On a side note, the ability to see the entire CSS file in one click is awesome.

Uploading my header banner returned a "HTML5 Upload Image: The ratio of all sizes (CSS and image) are not the same..." and I cannot delete it. It still renders the image however so I am stuck with it.

Couple more items, the best seller link from the only text menu (drop down) available is a broken link. Once a page is made, the link to delete it is broke. Are there going to be rss feeds?

How is adultshopping better for SEO again?

Last edited by NoveltySecrets; 01-14-2015 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention RSS feeds
Old 01-14-2015, 07:06 AM

Default Banner and Customization missing when domain is typed in.

Banner and Customization missing when domain is typed in. Removed domain name from old MFW and tried to add it to new AS but it says the same thing...domain name already taken. No coupon setup available, etc.
Twitter: www.twitter.com/carmellesimone
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/carmellesimone
Instagram: www.instagram.com/carmellestreasures
Tumblr: www.carmellestreasures.tumblr.com
Old 01-14-2015, 07:10 AM

hi noveltysecrets-you do have the ability to go back to the prior platform if im not mistaken. just have to deal with the dns changes. thanks for taking the time to share your issues.

another issue-lets say we want to change our A record over to the new platform-but i dont want to do anything at all with making any changes to the site. i dont even want to add my domain name yet. just want to move dns. developer code is written so that on the homepage and throughout it displays this:

<title>Welcome to AdultShopping.comd</title>

there is an error-notice the 'd' after com.

second-could that be changed to something like 'Welcome to Adult Shopping' without the .com?

thanks

Last edited by freespeech; 01-14-2015 at 07:13 AM.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:16 AM

My answers below in RED ~ Domina

Clydes Adult World: The new sign up is working for me. Please try it again, and if it doesn't work for you, email me at support and I'll set you up manually.

freespeech hi-ive got a few issues and questions.

if i want to go live with the new platform-using new ip number-must i remove the current domain name from the mfw control panel and then add it in the new adult shopping control panel-store settings-your custom domain name?

-Yes, I already answered that question in my NEW UPDATE-
*** If you already have an account on Myfreewebsite.com, you will need to remove your domain from there first, before you can add it to your Adultshopping.com store. Otherwise you will get an error message saying "Domain is already taken."

i have done that-and it removes the stock banner that was there before. what appears now is my 'store name' (not domain name) which is displayed site wide on the top left of the page all in lower case.

Ok. You should submit something like this to me via our support email with your domain link so I can troubleshoot this. But, yes, I have already submitted this as a bug.

will there eventually be a simple banner upload button that is like the current one in the mfw control panel?

No. I don't think so. Why? Are you having trouble using the new uploader? Again, if so, send me an email and submit this as a bug, and tell me what is happening and why you can't use it.

NoveltySecrets I am having second thoughts
The new website still gives a "beta" feeling. I feel I made a mistake switching over so soon. I might be missing something, but I do not see a Lock Domain Name to Affiliate Code option, a Warning Page, Coupons, Wishlists (you stated this will not be implemented as of yet so thatís understandable), no ability to add external links (blog), and overall options are lacking. Donít get me wrong, I like the look of the new site, but there seems to be a lot of work still needed.

Yes, this is true. The new site still only has basic customizations, but more will be coming each week as we move forward. However, you don't need to use the new system yet, until it has the tools that you need. You can stay on MFW until you are ready to move over.

Of the four widgets we can add/delete from pages, only the HTML has the ability of any customization. All other widgets are managed via adultshopping. So once a page is made, there is no ability to link that page to anything... there is not a top menu bar (I had to make one via a html widget which proved to render like it shouldnít, it was weird and I had to delete it). I am guessing the research into best practices come back with large category image menus being more effective than a normal menu. There needs to be an option for a normal top menu. I understand you can delete the category menu, but there is not replacement.

The ability to create a top menu is coming.

Also, the Colors & CSS option should be titled CSS, as you can only modify anything via CSS. There is not option for colors. On a side note, the ability to see the entire CSS file in one click is awesome.

Well, you can modify colors via CSS. But, no, we don't have an easy interface to do colors with yet. Also, coming soon.

Uploading my header banner returned a "HTML5 Upload Image: The ratio of all sizes (CSS and image) are not the same..." and I cannot delete it. It still renders the image however so I am stuck with it.

This is a bug and should be submitted to me so I can take a look and troubleshoot.

Couple more items, the best seller link from the only text menu (drop down) available is a broken link. Once a page is made, the link to delete it is broke.

Again, please submit this as a bug with your URL and details. I can't troubleshoot it when I can't see what you are talking about.

Are there going to be rss feeds?

Yes.

How is adultshopping better for SEO again?

Soon, you will have the ability to put custom content on category and product pages, plus add/remove categories. And, every store now has a unique domain, even if you don't have your own domain name, unlike sextoyfun.com/affiliate code.

carmellestreasures Banner and Customization missing when domain is typed in.
Banner and Customization missing when domain is typed in. Removed domain name from old MFW and tried to add it to new AS but it says the same thing...domain name already taken. No coupon setup available, etc.

Please submit as bugs via email.

freespeech:
another issue-lets say we want to change our A record over to the new platform-but i dont want to do anything at all with making any changes to the site. i dont even want to add my domain name yet. just want to move dns. developer code is written so that on the homepage and throughout it displays this:

<title>Welcome to AdultShopping.comd</title>

there is an error-notice the 'd' after com.

second-could that be changed to something like 'Welcome to Adult Shopping' without the .com?

I'll have to see what you are talking about. If you haven't already please submit as a bug.

So, guys, please submit any bugs to me via out support email. That way I can troubleshoot these issues. Posting in the forums doesn't really help me help you solve your issues.

Thanks!
Domina
Pop My Cherry Shop
Old 01-14-2015, 09:00 AM

Default Everythings working fine

Everything's working fine. Not sure though how the coupon codes are going to work when entered. To get your domain to work you have to remove it from the old site in both places.
Twitter: www.twitter.com/carmellesimone
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/carmellesimone
Instagram: www.instagram.com/carmellestreasures
Tumblr: www.carmellestreasures.tumblr.com
Old 01-14-2015, 09:10 AM

carmellestreasures: Thanks! Good to know. The coupons should be added soon. I see if I can get an ETA on that.
Pop My Cherry Shop
Old 01-14-2015, 11:13 AM

Default Nice

Domina, nice work with all the feedback. To be honest, I would not want to be in your position answering the same questions over and over. Anyhow, I have decided to stick with the new site, I know enough code to make it work.

My Banner logo is now rendering correctly. And with your answer, I feel I can hang with the new site.

Emailing you the bugs thus..once I hit submit
Old 01-14-2015, 11:27 AM

Haha! Thanks! That's my job. Not as bad as you'd think.

I am submitting all your questions as well as everyone else's I've collected to the tech team and Dave, so we can get an idea on what tools are coming and around when we can expect them.

I think that should help everyone decide whether to wait or not.

We will definitely be getting lots of bugs, as we are mainly the first peeps to use these new tools and platform. Although we did do a beta test, many of the tools weren't working then to troubleshoot. But, BUGS should be fixed as we submit them.

I have also noticed there is a bit of a lag time between when you save and then go look to see if it worked. Sometimes it is immediate, and other times takes a few minutes. I'm not sure if this is specific to certain customizations yet (like uploading/deleting banner) or just arbitrary. Because we are using a cloud computing system, this may be the reason for some customization delays.

So. If something doesn't change right away, wait a couple minutes and check again. It is usually just a delay.

Looking forward to your bugs. haha!
Pop My Cherry Shop

Last edited by DominaDoll; 01-14-2015 at 11:29 AM. Reason: mispells
Closed Thread