CNV.com Message Forums Forum owned by CNV.com Inc.
Wholesale and Drop Ship Adult Toys at SextoyClub.com
Sex Toys Affiliate program at AdultShopping.com

Go Back   CNV.com Message Forums > Affiliates: AdultShopping.com > Site Improvements & Suggestions

Old 11-22-2015, 03:38 AM

Unhappy Alibaba & Aliexpress Traffic to My Sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABE View Post
unfortunately, ali-x is hurting everyone in all product markets. Best you can do is point out to people about the quality and that our products are name brands, not knock off with questionable, unknown materials used.
You are right. Believe it or not in tracking the traffic to my websites someone from those sites/companies, Alibaba and Aliexpress, is discreetly visiting my site for whatever reason (i.e., steal pictures, descriptions, etc.). I found out through a couple of Apps I use. I assume most of the products on our sites are manufactured over in China. Have to find niches to fill. It's forcing us to consider selling in person for impulse buying, not via a brick and mortar store but by direct selling.
Twitter: www.twitter.com/carmellesimone
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/carmellesimone
Instagram: www.instagram.com/carmellestreasures
Tumblr: www.carmellestreasures.tumblr.com
Old 11-23-2015, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigbuttandasmile View Post
One of the reasons I chose you guys was because of the payment threshold.

You were paid commissions regardless of what you earned. But the move to a 50$ min just sucks. You could have been like Skimlinks (diff type of affiliate network) and set it at 10$ - That's reasonable.

The other changes are decent though. So no complaints their.
Yeah I definitely agree seeing as I was wondering why I have not received my $49.23 in commission for October. That was going to supplement my paypal account so I can finish Xmas shopping. Does kinda put a hindrance on things.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:15 PM

Unhappy $50 threshold used as incentive to increase sales?

I assume the $50 threshold is for the purpose of getting us to sell more products? So now we have a quota of $200-250 in order to get paid commission monthly. Hard to do when our prices are so high.
Twitter: www.twitter.com/carmellesimone
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/carmellesimone
Instagram: www.instagram.com/carmellestreasures
Tumblr: www.carmellestreasures.tumblr.com
Old 11-24-2015, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleshandfantasy View Post
Yeah I definitely agree seeing as I was wondering why I have not received my $49.23 in commission for October. That was going to supplement my paypal account so I can finish Xmas shopping. Does kinda put a hindrance on things.
It's annoying. No reason to set the threshold at 50$ - $10 or #20 would have been MUCH better...I'm usually right under 50 most months so getting paid from here has gone from net 30 to net 60 - which is a pain since I have to deal with net 60/90 payments from everyone else.

This was the easy breezy payment.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmellestreasures View Post
I assume the $50 threshold is for the purpose of getting us to sell more products? So now we have a quota of $200-250 in order to get paid commission monthly. Hard to do when our prices are so high.
Once you get the right customers (market to the right people) you will find that the $250 in sales will happen all by it self month after month. I started my URL in 2008 and spent a couple years learning (wasting time and money) on who and where to market. I then built a clientele (once you have them it's easier to keep them) and the more you have the more self sustaining it becomes. I have not really done anything to market the site in 2 years and I still get a check every month that is over $50.

Why say all this, just to share that once you get the clients (the right ones that are not just shopping you because of price) the minimum payout will not be any issue to meet. Just keep plugging away and learning and getting customers.

Discrete-Sensations.com
Old 11-25-2015, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan O View Post
Once you get the right customers (market to the right people) you will find that the $250 in sales will happen all by it self month after month. I started my URL in 2008 and spent a couple years learning (wasting time and money) on who and where to market. I then built a clientele (once you have them it's easier to keep them) and the more you have the more self sustaining it becomes. I have not really done anything to market the site in 2 years and I still get a check every month that is over $50.

Why say all this, just to share that once you get the clients (the right ones that are not just shopping you because of price) the minimum payout will not be any issue to meet. Just keep plugging away and learning and getting customers.
I second this. I only really started promoting the sites since the new AS software though had the sites up for several years and I easily get over $50 now. You just have to work on it and it isn't a "get rich quick" type program, but it is certainly achievable.