CNV.com Message Forums Forum owned by CNV.com Inc.
Wholesale and Drop Ship Adult Toys at SextoyClub.com
Sex Toys Affiliate program at AdultShopping.com

Go Back   CNV.com Message Forums > Wholesale and Drop Ship: SexToyClub.com > Party Planners

Old 10-13-2009, 09:19 AM

Default For Those Who Do Home Parties

How Do U Handle Shipping Cost? Do You Waive Not Charge It, Add It To The Cost Of The Item To Give Free Shipping? I Notice That Other "companies Consultants" Offer Free Shipping. Thanx In Advance!
Old 10-16-2009, 08:53 AM

I think it will depend............

If the person doing the H.P. is doing a few a month, I would give them free shipping.

If the person appears to be a one hit wonder, then they are going to be paying for shipping..

New person: Charge shipping once or twice with the understanding that discounts and free shipping will follow based on volume.

Hope this helps.

Tom
Old 11-09-2009, 10:55 AM

Are you referring to the hostess and guests at the party or the home party representative?
Old 11-11-2009, 03:56 PM

the hostess and guests
Old 11-12-2009, 04:55 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to The Devil In Me
Default add it all in your retail price

Hi, with my home parties I added my shipping in my retail price. I add 15% for my shipping into the total or every product I sell. Even with the shipping added my retail is cheaper then the competitors heck even cheaper than the local shops. I did lots of research and found that that is better. I do not know how you come to your retail price but I double my wholesale price and then add 15% and that is how I get my retail price. I have not had any problems since. Hope that helps.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:24 PM

If you carry inventory to the parties you often have to explain why you are charging shipping. You can charge a handling fee or stocking fee is you carry inventory and explain it covers your shipping costs to get the products.

If you don't carry inventory it is fair to charge a shipping charge. The shipping charge should be competitive to other local party plans. If you deliver all of the orders to the hostess it should be less then if you mail each individual order to the guests. Standard shipping to drop off orders is $2.50-$5.00. If you are shipping to each guest I would suggest a minimum of $6.00 this method is costly and time consuming and guests will purchase less if they are paying high shipping charges.

The rule of thumb is your shipping charges normally cover your hostess rewards if you drop off. Example if you charge $5.00 per guest and you have ten guests that gives you $50.00 if your hostess earned 10% at a $500.00 party she would get to spend $50.00. However, your cost of goods on that $50.00 should be about $10.00-$20.00.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:01 PM

Thanks, "The Devil In Me" for sharing your pricing method. That seems to be pretty fair prices with enough profit. How do you handle taxes though? should I add 7% or take them out of my total i'm already charging. Just wondering since you'd already done the research and have shared in several of these threads...

Thanks,

Rusty
PleasurepPlayToys.com

Adult Toys

Atlanta Jobs
Old 07-13-2010, 10:52 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to The Devil In Me

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Since I add the shipping in the price the tax is not much so I pay the taxes, in other words I take the bite since I live in Buffalo New York and 95% of my product come from New Jersey the shipping comes around 10% or so. The profit margin is good enough for me to pay the taxes. But understand the costumer does not realize that so you can add the taxes, specailly in my county the sales tax is almost 9% the costumer love it when they dont pay the taxes or shipping at the low prices compared to the competitors and local stores they love it.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Turnkey eCommerce Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Devil In Me View Post
Hi, sorry for the late reply. Since I add the shipping in the price the tax is not much so I pay the taxes, in other words I take the bite since I live in Buffalo New York and 95% of my product come from New Jersey the shipping comes around 10% or so. The profit margin is good enough for me to pay the taxes. But understand the costumer does not realize that so you can add the taxes, specailly in my county the sales tax is almost 9% the costumer love it when they dont pay the taxes or shipping at the low prices compared to the competitors and local stores they love it.
Suggestion:

If you are adding in the sales tax to the price of an item you are selling, would suggest that on any invoices you give your customers that you state "Sales tax included".

Had a client year's ago that went through a surprise audit from their State's tax authority. The auditor went through every one of their customer's invoices and on invoices where no sales tax was shown, they had to PAY sales tax AGAIN on the invoice amount. The auditor went back FOUR YEARS.

Example at 9% tax rate:

$200 total invoice, no tax shown = may have to pay an additional $18

Even if you reported the original sale which would have been:

$183.49 + $16.51 (9% sales tax) = $200 invoice amount.

So if you don't show you have collected sales tax, you could be forced to pay more than you need to. $16.51 correct sales tax + $18 tax.

You could just tally up the order, ie: $200 and say it includes $16.51 sales tax. Do this by taking the total invoice amount and dividing by your tax rate: $200 divided by 1.09 (where 9% is your tax rate) = $16.51

Clear as mud?

NOTE: I am not an accountant and have never portrayed one on TV - consult your local tax adviser

Last edited by SexToyWebsites; 07-13-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:35 AM

Default Set up a site

We have our website. www.bedsidesecrets.com.

We show the products then place the orders on our site. Shipping if taken care of then.