CNV.com Message Forums Forum owned by CNV.com Inc.
Wholesale and Drop Ship Adult Toys at SextoyClub.com
Sex Toys Affiliate program at AdultShopping.com

Go Back   CNV.com Message Forums > Affiliates: AdultShopping.com > Data Feeds and RSS Feeds

Old 12-04-2010, 09:09 AM
Turnkey eCommerce Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexToyWebsites View Post
I doubt if there is anything that is fully automatic that requires no input by you.

You would need some sort of bot/spider that would index your site, put the results into a database and then turn around and post it into another service. And since you're using an the affiliate site, you may have indexing restrictions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imvain2 View Post
I have done this before. However, I didn't scour the website for products. I added products to a database, and I setup a cron job to auto post. But, Twitter stopped allowing Basic Authentication so I stopped doing this, I'm trying to get the new login process working with a cron job so I can do this for my site. I don't just post products, I mostly auto post my videos.
What I said

Last edited by SexToyWebsites; 12-04-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
What I said

I actually mentioned your post when I started posting, and I removed it on accident when I was describing what I did
Old 12-04-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
I actually mentioned your post when I started posting, and I removed it on accident when I was describing what I did
Funny, I was quoting your post and lost it in my 'preview' - LOL.

Have used our search engine to spider a MyFreeWebsite affiliate site - let me tell you, it is SLOW going.

I would be VERY interested in an automated posting program like Adrian is searching for. Twitter keeps changing things, as you mentioned, so for us to take the time to develop something that could be blocked or rendered useless is a concern. Personally, I think Twitter has a LONG way to go in being an effective marketing tool. I believe FB is a better choice.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Funny, I was quoting your post and lost it in my 'preview' - LOL.

Have used our search engine to spider a MyFreeWebsite affiliate site - let me tell you, it is SLOW going.

I would be VERY interested in an automated posting program like Adrian is searching for. Twitter keeps changing things, as you mentioned, so for us to take the time to develop something that could be blocked or rendered useless is a concern. Personally, I think Twitter has a LONG way to go in being an effective marketing tool. I believe FB is a better choice.

I don't really think the spidering would be necessary, the data feeds are provided.

This is the process that I used to get the auto tweet working. I just need the cron to work.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
I don't really think the spidering would be necessary, the data feeds are provided.
We needed to spider the site for our search engine, not for any other purpose, sorry about any confusion. If someone wanted to make an autofeed (never touch anything) to a social network they'll need a way to get the affiliate feed into a database automatically. So, whether it's via php script, perl script, or...

Quote:
This is the process that I used to get the auto tweet working.
Thanks for sharing that.

Quote:
I just need the cron to work.
I just love cron jobs </sarcasm>

Last edited by SexToyWebsites; 12-04-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
We needed to spider the site for our search engine, not for any other purpose, sorry about any confusion. If someone wanted to make an autofeed (never touch anything) to a social network they'll need a way to get the affiliate feed into a database automatically. So, whether it's via php script, perl script, or...

Thanks for sharing that.

I just love cron jobs </sarcasm>
I agree it makes things a lot easier to store the products into a database, no matter how they get there.

I also love, err I mean hate cron jobs.

I had to switch my hosting from shared to vps and I think the paths are different. So, my code that I finally got working is now wrong.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
You've seen a 'MyFreeWebsite' affiliate website doing this?

Idk if there an affiliate from the same program but there a store that sells sex toys that has a twitter that posts "toy deal" all day long lol.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Idk if there an affiliate from the same program but there a store that sells sex toys that has a twitter that posts "toy deal" all day long lol.
Well that narrows it down to about 100,000 websites
Old 12-05-2010, 01:40 PM

I will find out the company and post it here hahahaha.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:30 PM

Default Tweet & Face Post

Have any of you tried http://twitterfeed.com/? I use them to pull all of the various feeds from multiple sites and post (hourly) the latest items from all of my sites into my twitter and facebook personas.

You may set up multiple feeds on multiple output locations with one account.

They are limited, and if you reach your limits, you can purchase overages in number of feeds and/or twitter/facebook/myspace/fark/digg/etc. accounts, and prices are very reasonable.

I also have my major store feeds, auto added into my blog, which triggers an email alert to all of my blog subscribers, as well as Tweet and Face post the blog posts on those sites.

Overall my traffic is way up because of the interactivity, forums and posts that I've been able to send out regulary using simple tools that work, most of them, for free.