CNV.com Message Forums Forum owned by CNV.com Inc.
Wholesale and Drop Ship Adult Toys at SextoyClub.com
Sex Toys Affiliate program at AdultShopping.com

Go Back   CNV.com Message Forums > Wholesale and Drop Ship: SexToyClub.com > Party Planners

Old 04-03-2011, 07:12 AM

Default How to decide on items for home parties

Excuse me in advance for all the questions

When deciding on items to present at home parties, is it best to lookup the best seller list on the affiliate or STC site?

For the experienced home party sellers, do you buy some inventory and try to sell it all? Or is it best to buy one of each so customers can see and touch, then let customers order and you deliver the item? I ask because I want to minimize any potential loss on items that don't sell.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:22 PM

For best sellers I suggest you look at items on both retail and wholesale websites however, that doesn't mean they are the best selling items for home party plans.

When choosing items for parties there are several things to take into consideration. The most important being the price. Home parties usually mark up items significantly higher then websites and brick and mortar stores to cover hostess rewards and downline commissions or bonuses. Another consideration is finding items that aren't available from every store, auction site etc. that is significantly lower priced then you are able to offer it. Sometimes having popular items are great as incentives for hostesses. You also want to take into consideration what you or your reps are comfortable selling. What your favorites are will become your personal best sellers.

We are working on creating sales reports for home party account purchases to share in the near future.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:57 PM

I'm sorry I didn't answer your question about carrying samples and/or inventory.
1. It is extremely difficult to sell an item at a party if at the least you don't show a sample of it.
2. I believe that carrying inventory will ABSOLUTELY increase your sales. Parties are a place for impulse buys and the more inventory you have in stock the more products you can push and upselling is easier.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:36 AM

I agree you should have a good assortment of items to show at parties one thing you can do is offer a discount for buying display items that way you are not carrying things that you thought would sell but clients not into, as to an assortment try to have something from various categories to show the basics, as to touch and function, also try to rotate your products and use older demo items as free gifts or prizes.