CNV.com Message Forums Forum owned by CNV.com Inc.
Wholesale and Drop Ship Adult Toys at SextoyClub.com
Sex Toys Affiliate program at AdultShopping.com

Go Back   CNV.com Message Forums > Affiliates: AdultShopping.com > Site Improvements & Suggestions

Old 04-04-2011, 03:55 PM

Default opt in at check out

Hey

I have a quick question. I just bought something from one of my sites and in the check out theres an opt in to receive special offers.

So my question is if someone opts in and when they get emailed offers does it have my affialate code in and does it take them to my site the one they bought product from and opted in from?????

This would be a great addition if thats the case.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:58 AM

Question

I have the same question.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:41 AM

We do have an opt in email there, but we don't send out emails to affiliate's customers. We can give your your opt in email addresses once a month if you get any. We usually get maybe 1% of customers opting in. So, it would only be worth it if you were getting significant sales and traffic.

Thanks,
Domina
Pop My Cherry Shop
Old 07-31-2013, 11:35 AM

Smile Would like emails

Yes, I would like to receive all emails of anyone who has purchased via my site so that I can offer them a discount code for their next purchase. Can you supply this please?
Old 04-12-2014, 08:13 AM

ok...been 9 mos since I asked...I'd like the emails of people who bought through my site please.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:25 AM

Ok, another 10 months have passed without an answer. :-/ Now I see that you are actively requesting user emails in the footer of the new site platform.

I would like to know if you can forward those emails please as soon as they are gathered?
Old 02-21-2015, 01:17 PM

hi christianbed-i read somewhere in the forum-and i am not able to find it now-but i read where this feature was going to be provided to affiliates sometime in the near future. thanks
Old 02-23-2015, 08:30 AM

christianbed: Please send a SUPPORT email to request your opt in customers. I don't answer support questions here.

freespeech: We are not providing a service like this. Like I said above, 1% (maybe) of your customers may sign up to our newsletter. Usually, that results in 0 sign ups. So, if you are getting 0 sign ups, I don't monitor this. I only do it for affiliates who get signups, and even ones with fairly big sales only get 1-3 sign ups a month, if that.

The best way to get your own sign ups is to create your own opt in newsletter sign up on your site to get your own customers. I recommend doing this at the top of your site.

However... Most affiliates who do get sign ups use our newsletter system, which we send out monthly to market to their customers.
Pop My Cherry Shop
Old 02-23-2015, 08:37 AM

Ok-no problem. Thanks
Old 02-23-2015, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominaDoll View Post
... and even ones with fairly big sales only get 1-3 sign ups a month, if that.
I have a question about the newsletter sign up ... looking to understand what has progressed here to understand why it is the way it is now.

When I had my own CMS I set it to "automatically" (box was already checked for them, they had to choose to uncheck it) sign up new customers for the newsletter. I noticed that if the box was not automatically checked I had VERY FEW people that would take the time to check it (1% or less). ... BUT ... when I set it to be automatically checked and the customer could uncheck it ... that the newsletter subscribers number went way up. Of course then there were more people that later choose to unsubscribe then when they had to choose to sign up.

So my thoughts about it as time went on became: Customers don't mind being on a newsletter list and being reminded of the place they have bought from before as long as you are not bugging them every other day (at most once a week but really more like only once or twice a month).

So in my mind the box shown in the picture below should be checked already and the customer should have to un-check it ... I think that it should be more attention grabbing to the customers eye NO MATTER which way it is. I also think the text should be less "salesman" and more "friendly helpful" ... something like "receive our monthly newsletter" ... "monthly" lets them know right away that you are NOT going to fill their inbox with crap.

Any way I'm sure that there has been trial and error to get where you are now currently, but it also seems that some of that learning and those changes may allow for the newsletter sign up to change back to the newsletter box being checked already for the customer, and that they need to uncheck it.

Discrete-Sensations.com