CNV.com Message Forums Forum owned by CNV.com Inc.
Wholesale and Drop Ship Adult Toys at SextoyClub.com
Sex Toys Affiliate program at AdultShopping.com
 

Go Back   CNV.com Message Forums > Affiliates: AdultShopping.com > Affiliate Help, Support & Tutorials

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-13-2017, 12:07 AM
Adrian Adrian is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 174
Default Link exchanges.

Anyone here doing link exchanges? I have always had decent traffic from it but not very good sales, but others I have talk to are getting decent sales from it.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-13-2017, 11:49 AM
thevibratorstore.net thevibratorstore.net is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: www.thevibratorstore.net
Posts: 61
Default

not personally. Are you doing link exchanges now? Would you mind telling me more about it?

Also, are the people reporting sales with the link exchange are also in the same niche (adult toys)?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-13-2017, 07:44 PM
Dan O Dan O is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 348
Default

Link exchanges are a tough thing to do now that Google has pulled Page Rank ... When you could look at a Page Rank it was easy to see the value in a link (buying adds or link exchange) ... you can still dig into the alexa rankings etc and get an idea, it is just tougher.

As a side note I thought a year or 2 ago I read that Google added link exchange to their algorithm to keep a page from getting a higher ranking (old page rank) and if that is so ... then you are really just buying traffic ... which goes to the point lots of traffic does not equal sales, so for the link exchange to be effective means that the traffic being sent has to be looking for what you are selling.

It has been my experience (in general terms) that those looking at "porn" are not looking to buy toys ... so link exchange in the adult industry can be difficult to convert to sales.
__________________
Dan O


Discrete-Sensations.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-13-2017, 10:41 PM
Adrian Adrian is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan O View Post
It has been my experience (in general terms) that those looking at "porn" are not looking to buy toys ... so link exchange in the adult industry can be difficult to convert to sales.
Ageed, in the adult industry its already hard (no pun ha) to convert traffic to sales and even harder with adult toys but...a sale is a sale I figure. Its just a little extra work.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-13-2017, 10:57 PM
Adrian Adrian is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevibratorstore.net View Post
not personally. Are you doing link exchanges now? Would you mind telling me more about it?

Also, are the people reporting sales with the link exchange are also in the same niche (adult toys)?
Ive taken a step back from toys for a little while, now jumping back in with a full make over, change of strategy and etc. I have started from scratch in other adult niches, learning what my mistakes are, and learning where I got lost and what was wasted time and energy. So Im going back in 100% now..

I did link exchanges for a while but used/provided links and backlinks to certain porn niches to a blog or two that I was running and "mooched" off the traffic. Example, I would focus on sites with free porn clips that used toys in their vids, and enter their web ring hoping for sales. While the traffic was good, it barely converted to sales...or so I thought. I later learned that I pushed to hard on the expensive and or strong themed products and realized that almost all of my sales were from items below $25.00 (I was way off on my product placement). In the end it was hard for me to tell if I pushed the wrong products with certain niches (and custom pages), or was my traffic good/bad, etc. I was into deep to go back with all the SEO, backlinks, and yada yada.

The people that reported sales were in the adult toy biz, but it was secondary sales for them. Toys were not their main biz, but they definitely made money off of it.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-19-2017, 06:25 AM
thevibratorstore.net thevibratorstore.net is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: www.thevibratorstore.net
Posts: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Ive taken a step back from toys for a little while, now jumping back in with a full make over, change of strategy and etc. I have started from scratch in other adult niches, learning what my mistakes are, and learning where I got lost and what was wasted time and energy. So Im going back in 100% now..

I did link exchanges for a while but used/provided links and backlinks to certain porn niches to a blog or two that I was running and "mooched" off the traffic. Example, I would focus on sites with free porn clips that used toys in their vids, and enter their web ring hoping for sales. While the traffic was good, it barely converted to sales...or so I thought. I later learned that I pushed to hard on the expensive and or strong themed products and realized that almost all of my sales were from items below $25.00 (I was way off on my product placement). In the end it was hard for me to tell if I pushed the wrong products with certain niches (and custom pages), or was my traffic good/bad, etc. I was into deep to go back with all the SEO, backlinks, and yada yada.

The people that reported sales were in the adult toy biz, but it was secondary sales for them. Toys were not their main biz, but they definitely made money off of it.
thanks for sharing all your experience. Seems that, at least for the niche, one can get the traffic but little conversions.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2010 CNV.com