CNV.com Message Forums Forum owned by CNV.com Inc.
Wholesale and Drop Ship Adult Toys at SextoyClub.com
Sex Toys Affiliate program at AdultShopping.com

Go Back   CNV.com Message Forums > Affiliates: AdultShopping.com > SexToyFun.com Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 12:54 PM

Exclamation The New AdultShopping Site Updates

This thread is to announce new Adultshopping Updates as tools are created as well as other important info.

If you want to chat about: Adultshopping.com new upgrade questions, feedback & concerns go here:
http://forums.sextoyclub.com/showthread.php?t=2159

+++

Hello Sex Toy Site Owners!

With the launch of the new Adultshopping.com platform, we have gotten many questions. Currently we have quite a few customizations available on the new site, with many more coming each week as we move on.

If you haven’t moved over yet you can log into your old account on Myfreewebsite.com and you will see a Blue Box: “New Platform Setup” where you can set up your new account yourself with your email and password.

Once completed, you can log into your new account on Adultshopping.com and start customizing your site.

Customizations Currently Available:

· The ability to select each affiliate code from the same account and customize. All codes are now under one account making it easier to manage.
· Reports and charts to monitor sales.
· Store settings: Ability to add domain. Show DVDs or VOD. Google Analytics Tracking ID, Tag Manager and Webmaster Tools Verification Code. Add/delete top custom banner. Site Header HTML area. Site Footer HTML area.
· Colors & CSS- Ability to add CSS and View Default CSS.
· Page Builder for creating Custom Pages.
· Homepage- Page Title & Meta Tags. With the ability to fully customize the home page under Page Layout.
· Page Layout- Ability to add Widgets: Category Icons, Banner Rotator, Best Sellers, Featured Products, & Custom HTML Widget.

The Widgets are moveable:

You can Choose from Several Widgets

With all these tools we now have just about everything you need to start creating unique content to create sales.

Our next big feature with be the ability to hide and customize categories for creating niche sites, so keep your eyes peeled to announcements in the forum about this and in our upcoming newsletters.

+++

Coming Soon:

-Ability to replace default footer with your own HTML
-Ability to change size of top banner
-Adding HOME link to breadcrumbs
-H1 tags for Categories and Custom Pages
-Sitemaps - we will allow people to upload a sitemap text file that search engines can use. We will not automatically create a sitemap for them.
-Title Tags for photos/products
-Remove image compression from the banner upload so banners are clear.
-Mobile Banner - will come up with a better way to make the header banner display completely on smaller devices without the need for a secondary banner.
-Option to delete a page after it is created.
-The option to remove powered by CNV
-SEO friendly urls.
-CSS and colors.
-Warning pages, Coupons, wishlists, custom categories are part of future releases.

Questions:

If i put the domain as "domaninname.com" and not "www.domainname.com", then will both the addresses be tracked?
Yes.
Is there an easy way to remove from Google all indexed pages from my old website and let Google no re-index everything from scratch without penalty?
I’m still worried to transfer my old websites to new system because of possible penalties...
Our product, category, and search pages will 301 to the new system, so Google will eventually update those links. We will add the ability to 301 custom pages soon. Anything old that returns a 404 will eventually fall out of Google.
Why is there is no domain lock on the new sites?

Domain locking doesn't apply, as all sites will have custom domains that cannot be overridden by affiliate code.

About redirects with own-domains. Say I have a link out there that's mydomain.com/productblahblahblah, pointing to say a pink vibrator. After the swapover is made, will mydomain.com/productblahblahblah still point to that same pink vibrator, but on the new system?

Yes. Once you switch the redirects should work as you describe. After switching, we suggest you check your Google analytics to double check any old pages that are getting decent traffic and make sure the redirects are working.

Will the custom pages transfer over on their own, or will we need to rebuild them?

No, the custom pages and any design you've done on the old site will not be transferred over. You will need to rebuid your custom pages on the new site. If you have many custom pages, we may be able to create a script to move them over for you.

Will there be a way to redirect the custom page links from the old setup to the new? Or would we be able to recreate the same exact URL on the rebuilt custom page? I know the custom URLs are a bit 'weird' looking so I wasn't sure if it was going to be a straight up redirect like the main product pages.

Affiliate recreates a new custom "About Us" page in the new system. They want traffic from their old About Us page to end up on the new page. We would provide a field that let's them specify the ID of the old page in the new page. That way, when the old URL loads in the new system, we can check the page ID (all custom page urls have a page id) and redirect to the correct New page. As long as they populated the ID of the old page in the new custom page, it will work as soon as traffic to their domain is directed to the new platform. So they can put everything in place before we flip the switch. This functionality doesn't currently exist, but it will.

More Questions?
Go Here-
http://forums.sextoyclub.com/showthread.php?t=2159
Pop My Cherry Shop
Old 01-25-2015, 09:30 AM

A few new fixes-

-The block HTML editor has been fixed so now you can add code.
-The banner uploader will now allow you to upload various sizes and will not crop or shrink your banner.

New Product Lists Widget-
To use the "Product Lists" feature you do the following:
  1. Click on "Product Lists"
  2. Create a new product list
  3. Search for items and add them to your list
  4. Save the list
  5. Go to the page builder
  6. Add a Widget
  7. Choose Product List
  8. Enter a name for your product list and how many items you would like it to display
  9. Save your page
+++
Pop My Cherry Shop
Old 02-13-2015, 09:07 AM

Default Site Colors!

Yippee!

We have just added the ability for Adult Shopping Affiliates to customize their sites colors. There is a basic and advanced mode.

To get to this new feature go to "Customize" -> "Colors & CSS". From that page you can either change your colors directly or use the "Advanced Color Customizer". The Advanced Color Customizer lets you preview your site while your changing the colors.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Pop My Cherry Shop
Old 02-17-2015, 07:27 AM

Default Updates 2/17/2015

The following updates have been made on adultshopping affiliate websites. Please let me know if you have any questions.

• The Share button on Product pages now sends the image and product description. This also works if you share a product url in a facebook post or message. I haven't tested twitter because I don't have an account.
  • Changed duplicate h2 tags to h1 on product page
  • Added Review Count on Category Page
  • Added Out of Stock indicator in the product list builder
  • Added Totals to all Reports in the Affiliate Admin
  • Added Info Icons to product attributes on the Product Page
  • Added a "More Details" link on the product page for attributes
Pop My Cherry Shop
Old 03-04-2015, 11:07 AM

Default Coupons are Live!

Coupons are Live!

You can create coupons for fixed amount or percentages.
And, NEW! you can attach a coupon to a specific product, so the product needs to be in the cart before the coupon can be added.
We will be adding a video soon in the admin on how to use them.

Thanks!
Domina
Pop My Cherry Shop

Last edited by DominaDoll; 03-04-2015 at 11:10 AM. Reason: edit
Old 03-11-2015, 08:35 AM

You can now create custom coupons with custom values (%off or $$ off and minimum purchase amount $$) !

Pop My Cherry Shop
Old 04-02-2015, 05:58 AM

Default new updates

We have made the following changes to Adult Shopping:

1. You can now use your old custom page url from myfreewebsite in the adultshopping page builder "Page Path" url. This will help myfreewebsite affiliates with custom pages switch over to the new system.

How it Works:

Let's say you are on the old myfreewebsite affiliate system and you have this custom page www.domain.com/page/myfreewebsite/6484/sextoyfun-eco-friendly-banners.html

When you want to create the page on the new system you can go into the page builder.. create the new page, and set the "Page Path" to /page/myfreewebsite/6484/sextoyfun-eco-friendly-banners.html

Then when you switch over to the new system. Traffic from your old page will go to your new page.

2. We have added the ability to create "Best Seller" blocks filtered by one or more categories. This allows you to create pages with very specific best sellers on them. Or you can use it on your homepage to show things like the top 5 luxury vibrators.
Pop My Cherry Shop
Old 04-02-2015, 06:05 AM

Default opt in emails

On Tuesday March 24th, we launched a new feature* which promises to propel the success of our existing email marketing program to the next level and bring you more conversions.

Since 2012, We have been sending out a weekly generic promotional email to customers who have purchased from affiliates and who have opted in to receive newsletters, either by checking the sign-up box during the checkout process or by filling out the sign up form in the footer. You earn commission on these sales just like any other sale that goes through your site. Emails are personalized with your site name and all links direct the subscriber back to your site. You can view recent examples here, here & here. (Please note that the examples are not personalized and links will not work)

Over time, Conversions from email can become 5-10% of your revenue. The key is growing a healthy, engaged list of subscribers. To that end, we are launching a pop-up email sign-up form on affiliate sites, which offers an instant 10% off coupon as an incentive for subscribing.

We've implemented this strategy on sextoy.com because our split test showed phenomenal list growth with the pop-up coupon offer (5 times as many new subscribers per month)-- and the conversion rate on the welcome email that contains the coupon has been through the roof (went from 5.9% without the coupon to 27%). We feel confident that affiliates will enjoy a larger email audience and greater conversions through implementing the pop-up email offer as well.

The 10% off coupon will reduce your commission, just as with any coupon offer that you create, but we believe that the benefits of this promotion strongly outweigh the cost.

Those who do not wish to have the pop-up
and the list sign up option that comes standard in the footer have the option of turning these features off in the admin.

See screenshot below:

With this feature enabled -- you will immediately increase your chances of gaining more conversions, and you will also benefit in the long term as we continue to bring those customers back to your store again and again through our email marketing.

* Please note that this feature is only available to those who are using the Adult Shopping Platform.
Pop My Cherry Shop
Old 04-02-2015, 06:11 AM

Default Hide corporate footer

You can now remove the corporate footer from your websites under Store Settings >> Store Options.

Please note this also removed the email optin box as well as credit card options, as well as the

• 2257 Compliance Statement
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • Help
Pop My Cherry Shop
Old 04-14-2015, 12:48 PM

Default NEW Custom HTML Widget

Hello Affiliates,

Previously we had an HTML widget which is a WYSIWYG editor for affiliates to create custom content.

Now there are two widgets for creating custom content, the HTML Editor and the Custom HTML widget.

The HTML Editor is the existing widget that allows affiliates to add custom content without actually knowing html. The new Custom HTML widget allows them to enter raw html that will NOT get reformatted in anyway. This fixes the issue of HTML getting reformatted by excess HTML in the previous widget.

If affiliates want to move code from the HTML Editor to the Custom HTML widget they will need to copy the source and put it into the new widget. Then they can delete the old widget.

Either widget can be used to suit the affiliates needs/HTML knowledge.
Pop My Cherry Shop
Closed Thread