CNV.com Message Forums Forum owned by CNV.com Inc.
Wholesale and Drop Ship Adult Toys at SextoyClub.com
Sex Toys Affiliate program at AdultShopping.com

Go Back   CNV.com Message Forums > Wholesale and Drop Ship: SexToyClub.com > Party Planners

Old 07-11-2016, 09:34 AM

Post Calling Home Party Business Owners: Share Your Story With Us!

Hello everyone!

Let's get the conversation flowing here in the member forum! Whether you are new to home parties, or a well-seasoned veteran, we'd like to hear your story.

Question:

What was your very first home party like, and how have they evolved since then? Different games, products demonstrations, educational resources?

What advice would you give to someone who is planning their first home party?

Ready....go!
Old 07-26-2016, 10:48 AM

Talking Introduction

Hello Everyone! I'm Stephanie from Mississippi! I have been in this business for more than 18 years. That's an accomplishment I'm proud of. I have worked for a few larger companies and decided it's time to do my own thing. It's hard to get started when you have to pay bills and build a business but I know I can do it.
I started when my children were 4 and 6. They are both now grown and married. (Thank Goodness) It wasn't easy raising them. A friend of my sisters came to my house and said, yall load up we are going to a sex party. Now I'm thinking...... UM no I'm not. I was 23 at the time and very shy. Well she explained what kind of party it was so my sister and I decided to go with her. The lady kept talking about all the money she could make and there were a few products that I could get for free if I hosted a party. So I wrote the lady a letter to host a party. YES wrote her a letter and put it in the mail. (this was before everyone had cellphones or even personal computers). I had a party at my house and she's still talking about all this money she was making, so I asked her to show me proof. She did, and here I am 18 years later. I'm curious to know how everyone got started.
Old 07-26-2016, 12:10 PM

Talking Sensuousplayroom parties

Hi everyone my name is Karen and I have been doing home parties for over 30 years. I started back in 1980. I went to a party and was scared at first but when the young lady was talking, I kept seeing myself up there doing a better job then her. I felt she was boring and the crowd was not biting. So i asked her how to go about it and she did respond. I brought my first kit and had my first party and it has been a success since then. I do have my ups and downs like everyone else but I get back on that horse. I now have a store that has been open since 12/2015 and so far we are hanging in with one of the big stores here in GA. There customers seems to be coming my way due to the low prices and also the environment in my store. It looks more intimate then a store front look. I adjust myself to what my customers needs and wants. I educate my customers when they are looking for a product to make sure that that is what they really need. I still do home parties and i did have to learn to share with others. What I mean is I brought on some consultants and it was hard sharing my space since it had been me for so long doing these parties. I did have to realize I cant do it all, and I would love to add more to our family. I try to look for those that have a passion and drive. You get some that has that passion for the moment and they expect you to do all the work for them. So if anyone comes looking to be consultant I do a little test first and then if they work out they stay if not they have to leave i am building. I do not need someone to tear down what I have built for so long.

To add this is my passion and I graduated from Law School in 2013 but this takes precedence over all except family of course lol.

Tags
home parties, home party, home party planning, party planning