CNV.com Message Forums Forum owned by CNV.com Inc.
Wholesale and Drop Ship Adult Toys at SextoyClub.com
Sex Toys Affiliate program at AdultShopping.com

Go Back   CNV.com Message Forums > Affiliates: AdultShopping.com > Affiliate Help, Support & Tutorials

Old 04-09-2015, 06:41 PM

Default Adding a Blog?

I have heard adding new content or a blog helps with SEO and increases search rankings. I have 2 questions:

(1) Which method is better when it comes to SEO (which one do search engines prefer)? Either having your blog/content as a subdomain (blog.domain.com) or having your blog/content as a subdirectory folder (domain.com/blog).

(2) Since we have the domain pointing to adultshopping, how do we add a blog to our shop since we will have to host that on our own server?

Thanks!
Old 04-11-2015, 08:14 AM

I really don't think it make much difference.

However, having your blog as the main site and your shop as the subdomain or visaversa may make a difference.

I set up my shop as the subdomain, which to me makes more sense.

The important thing with blogs & SEO is quality content, and trying to be an authority in one thing/niche, at least to start.

If you set your store up as the main site, you can still create a subdomain for the blog (which is like a whole new site) and just get hosting for the subdomain, not the entire site.
Pop My Cherry Shop
Old 04-11-2015, 10:10 AM

Ok. How do we set up our domain name (I'm with godaddy) for each version? I mean, how do we set it up so:

(1) it can point to our main site which is a blog on our own server, and a subdomain that points to our AS shop?

(2) it does the reverse, where it points to our AS shop as the main site, and it goes to a subdomain blog that points to our server?

Others may find these instructions valuable as well. Thanks.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:32 PM

I thought I would try again to see if anyone knows the answer for my 2 scenarios?
Old 04-15-2015, 06:16 AM

It works the same way for both.

Shop main site- set up a sub-domain for the blog (blog.site.com). Get hosting for the blog (subdomain) only. Point A Record for store to our IP address as shown in the Admin under Custom Domain.

Blog Main site- set up sub-domain for store (store.site.com). Get hosting for main site only (www.site.com). Point A Record for store to our IP address as shown in the Admin under Custom Domain.

That's it.

Pop My Cherry Shop
Old 04-15-2015, 07:06 PM

Prior to moving to Adultshopping, I would say go with a outside blog; however, with the increasing ability to customize our sites now you could simply use the page builder. You might have to have more html and div/css knowledge, but if you make it simple it can work. I only have a few articles (if you can call them that) but they are doing well, surprisingly.

I ran a similar article on my blog and page builder, the page builder is currently showing on page 2 of google search. The blogger (google's own no less) did nothing. It has since been deleted and I have been using page builder ever since. An added bonus of page builder, the pages look and feel like your website.

Now, if you are going to go with a store as a second thought to a main blog or website, then do not use the page builder. Page builder is an addition to the sell of toys and would over power your blog. (Read: your customers will see a sex toy site first and a blog second).
Old 04-16-2015, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominaDoll View Post
It works the same way for both.

Shop main site- set up a sub-domain for the blog (blog.site.com). Get hosting for the blog (subdomain) only. Point A Record for store to our IP address as shown in the Admin under Custom Domain.

Blog Main site- set up sub-domain for store (store.site.com). Get hosting for main site only (www.site.com). Point A Record for store to our IP address as shown in the Admin under Custom Domain.

That's it.

Just wanted to clarify a bit...

In your host's control panel, you will need to set up a subdomain for your blog (example, blog.yourdomain.com). Install wordpress or whatever other program you may want to use in this subdirectory.

Then, in your domain control panel (usually under "host record settings" or something similar - if you registered your domain with your host, it would be in the same control panel as above), you will need to set up different A records:

blog.yourdomain.com would point to your hosting account ip address - this is usually set under the "custom host names" section.

Point standard host names section (www, @, * host names) to the stores ip address as provided in admin under custom domain.

All should be set to Type A records.

It might take 24-48 hours for the host settings to populate, so don't worry if this isn't working immediately.

I do agree with Noveltysecrets that this may not be necessary anymore since the new custom pages are so much better in the new system, though you might want to have more control over the blog such as adding outside links, parsing rss feeds, etc, which currently cannot be done on the new system.

Last edited by LABE; 04-16-2015 at 08:08 AM.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:16 PM

Default Blog Frontend

I use wordpress and woo commerce as the front end of my store and connect to the actual shop on the backend.

I know I can link the header image to the Shop page on the wordpress blog, but is there any way I can get the Home link in the breadcrumbs to link to my shop page instead of the home of the store?

I'd rather not have anyone go to the 'Home" of the store, but instead use the woo commerce/wordpress shop page as the home page.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigbuttandasmile View Post
is there any way I can get the Home link in the breadcrumbs to link to my shop page instead of the home of the store?

I'd rather not have anyone go to the 'Home" of the store, but instead use the woo commerce/wordpress shop page as the home page.
I may be wrong about this, but I think it was mentioned before that this would be possible eventually. It's just that there's so much on the plate right now that is being worked on, like with wish lists ans RSS feeds, etc.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominaDoll View Post
I m answering a post that is gone.

rapture: you have a straight line in. just ask your questions there. Yes, sometimes it take a while to get answers. But, you have a live feed to the boss. So always know your words are appreciated, and we do look into every problem. most of them are bugs, so we don't report them. some of them are fix ups for later or now, but we do look at everything you say.

I don't know what else you want?
What are you going on about? I was answering the other person above's questions lol!

When you say you're answering a post that is gone, you mean this post: http://forums.sextoyclub.com/showthr...1597#post11597

Ummm wtf? Edit: But as you state, I have a live feed to Dave, so won't bother you any longer.

Last edited by rapture; 08-08-2015 at 12:39 PM.