Message Forums Forum owned by Inc.
Wholesale and Drop Ship Adult Toys at
Sex Toys Affiliate program at

Go Back Message Forums > Wholesale and Drop Ship: > Datafeeds

Old 01-15-2012, 09:43 AM
Default How to put Different Colors of same Product together?

I was bulding a new website using SexToysClub Datafeed and plan to use their Dropship Program.

My question is, there are several products in the feed which are actually same products - they just differ in color. For example from site following 2 products (at the mentioned URLs)

are exactly same products. The only difference in them is that one is "Deep Rose" in Color and other is "Pink" in Color.

Now such products I should not be listing as seperate products on my site. I should be able to list such products as one single product and the person could simply select from a drop-down menu which color he wants before he can click on "Add to Cart".

But in all the fields mentioned in the Data Feed there is no real option to have the products listed in such manner...

I plan to use some Import Script to import all the products from the Feed to my eCommerce Store. And I plan to use Magento Commerce for this website.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Doodle Rep.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:05 AM
Default Lots of work ...

You will find that all feeds from all vendors have each item listed separately ... even if on their site the page is set up like you wish to do ... a good example of this is Liberator ... they set up their page as one item with multiple choices in size and color ... but their feed is set up line be line ... this is because each item will need an attribute for each color and size and that attribute will need a code (model number / upc ) to identify it ...

So the problem is how do you make a 'parent' / default item that is in the feed and then turn the colors and sizes into child of that item ... without doing it manually?

So keep in mind the feed is for automation not customization ...
Dan O
Old 01-15-2012, 11:57 AM

I appreciate your reply Dan. I understand that feeds are for automation. And that is why I posted over here if there is some way or some key the feed which tells that these all products are same products and they just differ in terms of color and then they could be imported accordingly by the import tool that I am going to use.

But yes I did check that even has all such products listed separately on their site and they don't provide a drop down for the color. But in my opinion it should be there. If a product has 4 different color options then the user should be able to select them from one page. Otherwise most of the times user won't know that this same product comes in 3 more different colors too. Also our site will have 4 instances of exactly same product on our site. We might also need to write the same content for all 4 products and hence duplicate content.

Some other dropshippers I noticed provide something in their feed with which one can know that this product comes in various colors.

So well according to you it can only be done 100% manually and no other procedure with
Old 01-15-2012, 03:09 PM

Just a quick note to add.

If you want to make sure a customer knows theres other colors to an item just add related items to each color.

Most shopping carts have this fuction so when there viewing the product they will see the other colors below.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:47 PM

Hello and welcome sexadoodle,

1. Not all shopping carts can handle multiple product numbers for a single attribute. Zen and OSC just to name a few. The feeds need to remain as simple as possible for as many as possible.

2. Dan is right, the vendors don't always provide that information to us. Now if the products look the same except for color / size etc... This can be seen by humans, however just like you intend to do we use scripts to add these products to our database. So it's not an easy thing for a script to verify something like this.

3. Ken has the best suggestion, just use your shopping cart built in Related / Similar items to notify your customers about another color / size being available for them. This will just mean you need to manually find and link these items.
Best Regards,