CNV.com Message Forums Forum owned by CNV.com Inc.
Wholesale and Drop Ship Adult Toys at SextoyClub.com
Sex Toys Affiliate program at MyFreeWebSite.com

Go Back   CNV.com Message Forums > Wholesale and Drop Ship: SexToyClub.com > Datafeeds

Old 07-16-2008, 03:12 AM

Send a message via ICQ to xbase Send a message via MSN to xbase
Default CVS vs XML

I have noticed an inconstancy in the data feeds today and submitted a ticket to the support department. Here are the issues I found:
  1. CVS Files contain about 1/3 the amount of products the XML Feeds contain
  2. CVS Files are not retaining column integrity when you guys are exporting them
  3. There are products with a retail price that is a lot less then the cost of the product, which results in a profit loss if you do not realize the issue

Jonathan Bradley

South Florida Creations
jonathan@southfloridacreations.com
www.southfloridacreations.com
Old 07-16-2008, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbase View Post
I have noticed an inconstancy in the data feeds today and submitted a ticket to the support department. Here are the issues I found:
  1. CVS Files contain about 1/3 the amount of products the XML Feeds contain
  2. CVS Files are not retaining column integrity when you guys are exporting them
  3. There are products with a retail price that is a lot less then the cost of the product, which results in a profit loss if you do not realize the issue
1. Which CSV file are you using? all_items-01.csv should have all items.

2. Haven't run into this problem.

3. Old news, http://forums.sextoyclub.com/showthread.php?t=36 thats why I don't offer products without enough profit margin.

Regards,
Mike
Old 07-16-2008, 11:16 AM

There are a few issues with outside vendors that drop shippers need to be aware of. The mc_only CSV datafeed will contain items just from our main distributor; using that feed is the only way to avoid all of these gotchas.

1) We only accept batched upload orders from our main distributor (contained in that feed), along with XR (items beginning with CNVXR) and WantedList (items beginning with CNVWL). Others will be rejected at time of upload, but can be entered manually into the drop ship cart.

2) If you accept orders for items for multiple vendors on your site, you will need to be aware that you will be charged separate shipping for each of these vendors when the order goes through. Meaning: if a customer of yours places an order containing items sold by two different vendors, and you use your usual way of estimating shipping for a single order, you may easily end up losing money on the sale.

For this reason I encourage people to use the mc_only feed and only add other vendors if they are sure that is what they want to do.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmr View Post
There are a few issues with outside vendors that drop shippers need to be aware of. The mc_only CSV datafeed will contain items just from our main distributor; using that feed is the only way to avoid all of these gotchas.

1) We only accept batched upload orders from our main distributor (contained in that feed), along with XR (items beginning with CNVXR) and WantedList (items beginning with CNVWL). Others will be rejected at time of upload, but can be entered manually into the drop ship cart.

2) If you accept orders for items for multiple vendors on your site, you will need to be aware that you will be charged separate shipping for each of these vendors when the order goes through. Meaning: if a customer of yours places an order containing items sold by two different vendors, and you use your usual way of estimating shipping for a single order, you may easily end up losing money on the sale.

For this reason I encourage people to use the mc_only feed and only add other vendors if they are sure that is what they want to do.
Hi John,

Question about number 1. Does it reject the whole csv file or only certain items and then tells you which it wouldn't accept? Also how does that work with two csv files needed for upload, one customer(s) and one product(s). Guess what I'm saying would it be better to upload the product csv first since it has the model number?

I prefer using the mc_only feed myself, but wanted to know how to answer those that use my STCtoZen script. Depending on your answer I may have to filter out this feature based on data feed used.

Regards,
Mike
Old 07-17-2008, 09:43 AM

Question import data in to the zen cart

Is there anyone that can tell me how to import the products in to the zen cart? I bought Easy populate adv but it's not working with these data files. I hired a few people to fix the problem but they're blaming on the file format saying the files like that could not be imported. Is there any other program that we can use for the data upload? It says XML format is highly recommended... so what program you're using for that format? Thanks
Old 07-17-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batas4 View Post
Is there anyone that can tell me how to import the products in to the zen cart? I bought Easy populate adv but it's not working with these data files. I hired a few people to fix the problem but they're blaming on the file format saying the files like that could not be imported. Is there any other program that we can use for the data upload? It says XML format is highly recommended... so what program you're using for that format? Thanks
How about:

http://forums.sextoyclub.com/showthread.php?t=32

jmr please respond:

Hi John,

Question about number 1. Does it reject the whole csv file or only certain items and then tells you which it wouldn't accept? Also how does that work with two csv files needed for upload, one customer(s) and one product(s). Guess what I'm saying would it be better to upload the product csv first since it has the model number?

I prefer using the mc_only feed myself, but wanted to know how to answer those that use my STCtoZen script. Depending on your answer I may have to filter out this feature based on data feed used.

Regards,
Mike